Monday, August 23, 2021

Last Weekend before School

We cruised down to Ocean Isle right when we left Molly Anne’s open house for one last hurrah before reality sets in! School starts today and it’s going to be rough getting up early again! I’ve kinda been a slacker since Grady’s school doesn’t open now til 8 and Molly Anne wasn’t in school all summer. Back to it!

First stop was dinner at Sharkeys. Other than melting out there, it was a gorgeous view! A margarita for me and a pink lemonade for my little buddy!





We put the kids to bed then I went and saw my friend Ashley and her fam who were still in town! We chatted until 10:30 or so but I could have stayed all night! Good, good friends from back home in Maryland. 

Friday morning while Kevin worked, it was kind of cloudy and they were calling for bad rip currents. It was a perfect day for putt putt! The kids love it so much. They were fine with each other until hole 15 when Grady decided that he needed to go before Molly Anne for the first time the entire round. Ha!  They each got a few hole in ones!



Our friends came over to see our house that afternoon after nap time! That was really cool to have them over! Ashley’s Dad and my dad went to high school together and they’re all still good friends. Look at Mills…he knows golden lovers when he sees them!


We chilled and played around the house. It was so hot and I didn’t feel safe going out on the beach when it was so rough from the hurricane offshore. 


The four of us headed to a super early dinner at Ocean Isle Fish Company! Got to watch a charter come in and clean a bunch of fish. 




Then we stopped by our friends house to hang out! I made these rascals do all sorts of exercise because they were acting nuts! Kevin had already taken Grady home for bed.


Saturday was more of the same. Grady and I laid low while Kevin and Molly Anne went out on Steve and Ariel’s boat. I can’t remember all that we did but really just hung out. Then we went to their house for dinner. Goofball!


They have a beautiful view. 


The king on his birthday eve! He turned 9 yesterday!



We came back pretty early on Sunday because we had to get our act together for school starting. I made sure I had ordered groceries for lunch boxes and dinners this week. Allll of the things. I ran around like a nut when we got home and so did Kevin. 

I did make this Creamy Spinach Bake for dinner and it was so good. Grady didn’t eat much of his but Molly Anne ate hers. 


Every year for Mills’ birthday we make him a goodie cake - milk bones and peanut butter stacked in layers. He LOVES it! And of course we sung to him!!





Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday, Mills!!!

    Good luck with Back to School and getting into the routine that comes with it! We start next week and I am already dreading the early alarm!

    ReplyDelete