Friday, March 29, 2019

St. Patrick’s Class Party

I really didn't have my act together to throw a class party for St. Patrick's Day but I got it together that week and it worked out!  The children loved it and we just did it during snack time after nap!  A friend of mine came and we set the whole thing up in 10 minutes!  I picked up green tablecloths and gold plates/napkins at Wal-Mart via Order Pickup.  Grabbed a slew of green apple sauce pouches from our pantry, bought green containers of apple juice, ordered St. Patty's Day hats from Amazon, grabbed green glasses from Dollar Tree and picked up decorated cupcakes at the good Teeter in town.  Done!  



Their super cool teachers set up this cute area where the Leprechaun had been and brought them light up necklaces and other cute treats!






After the party I got to join the children in their circle time and watch them build the Mat Man a couple of times and sing a song with sticks!  I LOVED seeing them in their element and especially was impressed with their Mat Man.  Anyone ever heard of it?  Each child has a body part and they build a person in the middle of their circle.  They started doing this at the beginning of the school year and it's interesting to see how they all progress making this "Mat Man" throughout the year.  


Love love love love love being able to be part of Molly Anne's class and being there for all of these special events! 

2 comments:

  1. Being Room Mom is one of my favorite things, too. It’s so fun getting to be with them and see them in their element — and as a daughter of a former teacher (and current School Board President), I can tell you that the teachers appreciate the parental involvement!

    Also, Dollar Tree FTW for class parties. I buy them OUT of stuff for the boys’ class parties. 🙈😂 And I so wish we had Harris Teeter in Texas!

    ReplyDelete