Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Hump Day

I thought I'd just start typing some things today...

1.  Yesterday I was listening to Neon Light by Blake Shelton in my car and it brought me back to when I used to be obsessed with that song.  I'd listen to it flying back and forth to Utah all of the time.  Then I started thinking about when I went to Utah every month, at least once but sometimes twice, for 3.5 years.  Sometimes I went for a day trip and other times for 2-3 days.  But we did some good stuff out there (for work!) and I really enjoyed it!  Still good friends with some great people of Utah!

2.  Speaking of traveling, I'm cruising out this week for a day trip.  First one since having Grady.  It's been honestly a little weird not traveling because I've done it since graduating college in 2005 but I've really needed this time at home and I'm very grateful for it.  Now back to the real world...as long as it isn't as nutty as I used to roll.  We shall see. 

3.  Who is watching the Bachelor or American Idol?  I don't watch much TV at all but these are my two shows and this week, they've been on 4 nights in a row combined!  Anyone else read Reality Steve?!  Whew!

4.  Met with our yard company yesterday about doing some drainage work in our backyard so that'll be good.  We don't want to do too much because we may have bigger plans for back there when the children are older but we want to make it a little better for now.  We worked with what we had during construction but this is a little out of scope and also stuff we couldn't have predicted until we "lived with it" awhile.  Now we can look at it on a more overall scale and make better decisions.  

5.  I have not done any meal planning for this week and I don't know about you all but I feel so lost when I don't have a few nights planned.  We are sort of on this rotation of getting take out on Sunday night and making that last for Monday night which is my longest day.  Then Tuesday and Wednesday I'll cook something.  Thursday are for leftovers.  Fridays we eat at home but something very easy.  Saturday Kevin and I have been going out.  Repeat. 

6.  I'm really ready for the sick season to be over.  Like SO ready.  I feel like every day it's something different with one of my children or someone in their classes which in turn I worry about.  I would hate to see how many times Grady has been to the pediatrician this winter.  Come on warm weather! 

7.  I'm incredibly busy at work.  I probably have more projects right now than I've ever had and honestly I'm going a little crazy.  But it goes in waves and I'm riding on it now and staying afloat.

That's all I've got for now!

2 comments:

  1. I’m with you: so ready for spring and for sick season to be over. I also worry MAJORLY about the other kids in their classes. 🙈 And yes to the shows! My cousin’s girlfriend is Laci Booth and she’s on there. Yay for some hometown love on AI! 😉 I also feel so out of sorts when I don’t meal plan. I am not a fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants girl when it comes to a lot, but especially meal planning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't watched reality TV in years...but I am DVRing American Idol and watched the first one. I will probably continue watching...

    ReplyDelete