Wednesday, October 9, 2024

Well Rounded Children

I have a lot of things that I think pretty strongly about but one of the biggest things is that I want my children to be well rounded.

I want them to do a good job at school because that's their job right now. And it's expected by this household. We work hard at our jobs. They should too. 

I want them to know how to play sports and be a team player. I want them to feel what it's like to not have a good game and to lose. I obviously want them to win. Sooo much to learn by playing team sports. I'm sooo grateful my parents took me to allllll of the practices and games. Definitely shaped me in all sorts of ways of life. 

I want them to know how to talk to other adults. How to look at people in the eye and talk. How to pick up the phone and call people and quit the texting!

I want them to know to do things for people without having to tell others that they did it. Know what I mean? 

I want them to go to church where they feel comfortable. And not to feel forced. 

I want them to exercise and know that it's good for their body. Same with food and drink. Moderation is a beautiful thing. I need to stop eating popcorn ha!

I want them to be interested in hobbies. Whether that's crafts, card collecting, puzzles, reading. Whatever floats their boat for relaxing. 

Soooooo, we must make good examples so they see it at home. How else will they know to do it? I think they learn by seeing it happen, not by me preaching it all. Although I definitely tell them alllll of the things. As I'm sure you can imagine by just this post. 

We expect a lot of them and will love them through all of the learning and experiences. 

I'm sure I've missed things. Just jotted this down quickly. 


1 comment:

  1. Couldn't agree with this more! It takes a lot of coordination to get to all the events, stay on top of all the things, etc. but it's worth it!!

    ReplyDelete