Monday, February 19, 2024

Last Minute Weekend At The Beach

I really felt terrible last Thursday and Friday but as you all know, Moms don't have time to be sick. I got my act together to pick up the kids from their half day on Friday. I worked Thursday living on Ibuprofen that day too. 


We ended up staying home Friday then Saturday morning going to the beach. We were going to go on Friday but I didn't have it in me. The kids had off today so we wanted to make a long weekend. We ended up with a good weekend anyway. 

We were able to see the boat lift which was just put in. As you can tell, it's still not finished. We have to get power out to the lift, it needs to be evened out, a panel needs to be swapped from wood to metal etc. They shifted our dock and the pilings over to make room for the lift. It's going to be great to have it all finished for this Summer. 


Still enjoying the new landscaping and fence. The sod is zoysia grass so it'll look better in the spring. It's hearty for the salty environment. It's a long story why the gate at the dock jets out but that's how it is. But I love having the fence, so much safer for kids. Between that and our new back porch, we are in business! Beach places are a never ending funnel of money! So much more wear and tear. 


I love this sign my parents gave me a couple of years ago. I have it sitting on our chest of drawers there. 


Yesterday it was chilly but Mills had himself a day. We walked then took him to the east end to play on the beach. 












Then we headed to lunch, the Myrtle beach outlets, bass pro shop and more shops. Just getting some errands done. Did you all know there's a Lululemon outlet in Myrtle Beach? It's basically a big sale aisle at a regular store. Same pricing. 



Had dinner at Maria's. Working some this morning then driving back. Busy week ahead for work. Talk soon. 


No comments:

Post a Comment