Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Spring Activities

Well, it's another edition to where I'm hauling my kids around to after school for this Spring! Let's be honest - it's really Julie and I. I couldn't do it without her!

Molly Anne:

She is still swimming a 2-3 days a week on her year round swim team. 

I also signed her up for a private lesson at Charlotte Aquatics (at the same time Grady goes) to work on her strokes. She isn't getting a lot of one on one help on her strokes at the year round place and I sorta realized that she wasn't getting better and faster. She has already seen such a difference from Charlotte Aquatics. You can't keep practicing bad habits and that was happening. 

She is enjoying Girls on the Run this Spring. I'm helping coach on Wednesdays. It's quite a commitment to do with my full time job but I do understand that the years are short and she wants me to be there with her. So, I make it work. The 5k run at the end of April will be great for the girls. This program is really wonderful and empowering for grades 3-5 girls. 

Tennis is still likely both of my kids favorite part of their week with Coach Eddie! They LOVE tennis!

------------

Grady:

Grady is back to swim lessons at Charlotte Aquatics. Gotta get him ramped up for Summer Swim Team and for going to away camp this summer so I'm not a nervous wreck! I feel confident he could save himself at this point (I felt that way last year) but I want to be really sure about it! Swimming is non-negotiable. I always say that Molly Anne could definitely save me at the beach. I want Grady to get to that point too!

Baseball is back in action for Grady. He has a great team this year full of friends of friends and he's very excited. He is doing coach pitch this season!

And yes, Tennis is a big highlight for Grady as well. He LOVES Coach Eddie! I will also say - tennis has been fantastic to improve Grady's baseball game. Grady almost instantly started making contact in baseball and I know it's from the hand eye coordination he has learned at tennis. Tennis is such a great sport.


As always - I know it's a lot. But when we stay busy, we stay out of trouble. We learn good things about being on a team. About exercising to keep our heart healthy. And allllll of the other things! 

These are the days with my two and I love every second of it. Molly Anne is 8....in 8 more years she'll be driving herself to all of these things. I cherish the time in the car with both of them....we have GREAT conversations as we drive around. Precious time friends. 


1 comment:

  1. We have a similar approach (I think!) to trying all the things! Our spring is jam packed with tennis, golf, surfing, dance, and gymnastics!

    ReplyDelete