1. She still eats anything but it has changed over the last month to not being able to feed her anything. She refuses to eat off a spoon that I feed her with so basically applesauce and yogurt are out unless they're in a pouch. It does change a few things on meals and most food has to be "pick up food" so our Miss Independent can feed herself. I guess we need to start using utensils soon?! I don't cut everything into tiny pieces any more. If it's soft, I let her bite off of it. Unless it's something like string cheese which I'm paranoid will get stuck in her throat. I still cut grapes and things like that too. Sandwiches - I'll just give them to her in quarters.
2. She's still taking two naps a day. I pretty much let Becky rule the roost on that mainly because she's done this childcare thing for 30 years and I've done it for 1 and she has her for 5 days a week and I have her for 2. Molly Anne's doc also said hold on to two naps as long as possible as long as they don't interfere with her nighttime sleep and they haven't soooo. They both are aiming for 18 months, we'll see. After this past weekend (and not taking an afternoon nap either day) I'm not sure what to do. That was also due to weird circumstances so who knows. I'm sure she'll be back to her normal self at Becky's house! Night sleep - she's in the bed by 7p latest and up at 6:30a.
3. She isn't walking yet but on Sunday she stood for the first time by herself, unprompted. She was sitting at Mills' bed and she just stood up. Kevin and I were shocked. Then she fell haha. She will walk holding onto our fingers but that's about it. I was sorta getting a complex about it because I see much younger children walking but I cannot compare!! My child will walk when she's ready. And she doesn't need any more speed than she already has. Man, she gets where she needs to go and FAST.
4. Childproofing - this is a weird thing that I know some feel differently about. I honestly do not want those locks all over every drawer and cabinet in our house and we keep her pretty corralled as it is. It's not like I just let her do whatever she wants all over our house for an hour ya know. I do understand medicines and chemicals are a big deal. So are the wine bottles that she has almost pulled off the wine rack once. They may need to be placed elsewhere for a year or two. We ended up buying a baby gate and I put it on our guest bedroom door that we use as a playroom. It's a pretty much a safe place to put her for now. She can't get into the bathroom (yet!) because we close that door and the other door has the baby gate. She wasn't interested in the door being shut because she felt closed off, plus I wanted to hear her if I was cooking dinner. So that's working for now but I know it'll change in the future with each new phase. Please don't tell me I'm a terrible mother for not wanting locks on every drawer, mmmkay thanks.
5. Speaking of being a terrible mother, we quit swim lessons. Honestly, I needed a break. It was A LOT and took up a whole Thursday morning every week. PS I do work full time. I was literally running out of there to jump on conference calls. And rushing to get her to Becky's so I could do something for work. It was just hard. Yes I feel major guilt about it but it's okay, I'm slowly getting over it. We'll probably start back in December or January because she really does love the pool. In the meantime, I signed her up for Music Class starting in a couple of weeks and I'm very excited about that. I know she will love it. It's much closer to our home and Becky's so it'll be convenient.
6. Stats - she weighs 22 pounds with clothes on and is 30.5" long. Size 4 diaper. Size 12m clothes. Some 18m bubbles. Her hair has gotten so blonde. And we're still trying to figure out who the father is haha. Joking. Kevin likes to tell people that because she looks nothing like him!! Well, she is super tan so maybe she gets that from him? Or my Dad or brother?
7. I kinda gave an update on words last week but she is huge into waving bye and saying Bye and Hi with a wave. She is starting to blow kisses but she kinda doesn't get the blowing part, she just sticks her hand up to her mouth so far. She's also into shaking her head yes and no. Molly Anne, do you want more milk? She'll shake no haha. It's pretty funny. We didn't do the sign language thing but girlfriend can shake that head! We can't WAIT for her to talk. She has a lot to say, I just know it.
8. Not really a Molly Anne update but 18,000 people have asked when we will have our second (and last!) child. Well, I don't know but I'll let yall know when that happens! Mom even said something to Dad last weekend that Molly Anne needed a little brother. I'm sorry but no more golden retrievers at our house for a few years Mama! ;)
9. Toys - she's very into Little People, trucks that move like this one, little figurines things like these that my SIL gave her, riding in her car, playing peekaboo with her bath towel (LOVES it), watching Elmo with Kevin, being upside down (she has always loved this) and anything water related.
That's all I can think of right now! I'll be glad to look back on this one day. I love all of the monthly updates so I hope to keep these up every two or three months!