Friday, August 26, 2016

Five on Friday - MA Talking, Eye Remover

Hello friends.  Hope you've had a nice week.  We had a little crazy week between Mills and Molly Anne but I'm hoping they're both on the mend.  We find out today about Mills' biopsy and I just hope it's good news.  

1.  Molly Anne has been saying Mama for a couple months now (which PS I'm obsessed with) and she used to say Dada but that hasn't happened as often lately.  She'll mouth Pop-pa and pop her little lips which is super cute because she does it every day when we FaceTime with my Dad.  She hasn't gotten Nan-nie yet but she does say Nanananana and then she'll say E-E-E so we're working on putting those together.  Kevin taught her E-E-E last weekend because they were singing Wheels on the Bus and he made it part of the song.  Ha!  When we took her to Becky's on Monday, she said E E E when Becky was about to feed them so Becky thought she was saying Eat Eat Eat!

ANYWAY, I am going to ask my friend Kimmy who is a speech therapist how many words by what age they should have.  I'm not going to be nuts about getting her to talk but I can't wait to hear what she has to say.  And I know she has a lot to say!  We're in for a good time in the future haha.  One thing Mom told me to do when she was born was to talk to her...so I talk to her A LOT.  Hahaha!

A quick story - the other morning Molly Anne was sitting in bed with Kevin drinking her milk while I was getting ready.  I said, "Hi Molly Anne."  She said, "Hi!"  I said, "How are you?" She said, "Goo" which I took as "Good."  Who knows if she even knew any of what she was saying but it felt like I was carrying on a conversation with her.  I said - Kevin, did she really just say that stuff?  We both laughed because who knows but it sounded good!  And her very favorite thing to do right now is to wave and say Hi or Bye.  She's very into doing that so I think she knows what all that means.  Heck, I think she knows most everything we say...she certainly understands "No" now whether or not she abides by it, that's a different story!  Still working on blowing kisses, she puts her hand up to her mouth but she doesn't blow the kiss!  

2.  I'm sorry but I think it's so cute when she sits like this.  Hahaha!

3.  A crab monogrammed with her initials?!  My friend Jodie gave this to her and I just think it's the CUTEST thing ever, especially for a crab loving girl like Molly Anne!  ;)

Stop looking like a teenager!!!!

4.  Check out Molly Anne in the cradle that Dad made her.  This was yesterday and I put a comparison picture below.  Also, see that orange thing in her hand?  Child refused to give that to Becky yesterday before we left (it's from Becky's water table).  I took it out of her hand by peeling by her fingers off of it and Molly Anne CRIED yall.  Like real crying with tears.  Becky was kind enough to let her take it home and it didn't leave her little hands.  Let it begin.

5.  Do any of yall have a good eye make up remover?  Let me tell you what I'm tired of doing - showering before bed every night and I wash my face but by the morning, I have smeared mascara under my eyes still.  And I have to dip a Q-tip in the Clinique remover and use that to get it off.  It works but it's annoying to have to do that.  Plus the remover does not travel well and leaks constantly.  I've tried the Neutrogena and Ponds wipes but I still have smears the next morning.  Any ideas that you all love?

PS - Mills is now mad at the world because I put the cone on him this morning.  He licked his paw where his IV was raw because he's bored.  So I hate it but I had to put it on him.  Ugh.  

We have a fun weekend planned and hope you do too!

18 comments:

  1. Any type of oil will get your mascara off. I've used Bio Oil and Coconut oil because I've had them on hand. Just a little rubbed on the lashes then wipe off with a wet washcloth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use the Loreal Micellar water, it's awesome! I like the one with the pink lid rather than the blue better. I believe the blue is for sensitive skin but it feels a little oily to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been using the Garnier Micellar water and I LOVE IT! It wipes all of my eye makeup off, and I am a little heavy handed with the mascara, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor Mills. Jax would not be happy either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope everything turns out ok for Mills. I have a lot of anxiety about SC's speech because of her cleft palate. She can only make the mama sound, but hopefully she will be talking just like MA soon. I would love to know what your speech therapist friend says. MA is looking adorable as always! Have a great weekend friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is MA "w-sitting" in that picture?

    http://www.skillsforaction.com/w-sitting

    ReplyDelete
  7. MA is perfect! 2-3 words (mama and dada count) is right on par for her age! You're a great mom

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are my absolute favorite, they are round pads, not wipes: https://www.amazon.com/Neutrogena-Makeup-Remover-Large-Gentle/dp/B001ET7GV2/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1472221848&sr=8-1&keywords=neutrogena+eye+makeup+remove+pads

    I use one side one night and the other side the next night to make them last longer. They've gotten harder to find in stores, so I'm glad Amazon has them. Super quick and easy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not sure the exact brand but I found some makeup removing wipes at tj Max that I am obsessed with! They make my skin feel so soft and they're not overly scented!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I use It Works Cleanser to clean my whole face. I rub on my eyelids and lashes and then underneath eyes while cleaning and it gets it all.

    Praying for good news on Mills.

    ReplyDelete
  11. MA could honestly not be any sweeter, and the pigtails just put it over the top! I'm going to need info on that monogrammed crab outfit for our trips with baby girl to Baltimore to visit the inlaws next summer! So this is going to sound so grandma of me, but the only eye makeup remover that I've ever found and loved is by Avon (I know.). It's called "Moisture Effective Eye Makeup Remover Lotion" and with just a dab, it takes EVERYTHING off of my eyes. I have super sensitive eyes in general, and the area around my eyes can get irritated really easy, so anything that takes lots of rubbing just doesn't work. I started using this a few years ago and always keep it in stock. AND... it's so cheap - $1.99 per bottle, and it lasts forever.

    Thinking happy thoughts for sweet Mills' test results - y'all have been on my mind :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I use an Shiseido oil cleanser at night - melts all of my makeup away and you know I'm a mascara queen! It cuts through everything and a little goes a long way. Plus since it's an oil it doesn't dry my skin out, BUT unlike traditional eye makeup remover (which I *HATE*) it doesn't leave oily residue all over my eyes!
    http://www.sephora.com/ultimate-cleansing-oil-P253807

    Hope Mills' results are positive!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds weird, but I've always used baby oil to take off my eye make up. Works like a charm! And I really hope sweet Mills baby is ok! That cute face!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ponds cold cream works well, but can sting your eyes (former theater dork here and I've used that to remove everything from clown makeup to the remnants of false lashes). I currently love Ole Henriksen 3-in-1 gel. It works well for getting ALL your makeup off and you barely need any. Just rub it all over your dry face before you step in the shower, then use a wet washcloth to remove. DONE. Leaves your skin smooth and has a built-in serum. I'm 38 and my skin has never looked better since I started using it. I think because it really gets all the junk off your face, which is half the skincare battle. Sephora carries this.

    ReplyDelete
  15. DHC Deep Cleansing Oil is the best! I've used it for 10+ years and that's saying something haha. You can only get it online (dhccare.com) but it's awesome and so easy to use. One bottle lasts a very long time. Well worth the money. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Olive oil is a great make up remover.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Generic Walgreens -
    Studio 35 Makeup Remover Towlettes

    ReplyDelete
  18. https://www.walgreens.com/store/c/studio-35-makeup-remover-towlettes/ID=prod6120640-product

    ReplyDelete