I have mentioned before but one of the ways I'm able to make it through the week is if I meal plan and chop everything on Sunday during Molly Anne's afternoon nap. Lately Kevin has been going to pick up the groceries through the express lane on Sunday mornings then I get to work on Sunday afternoon. It honestly makes the week so much easier and we eat healthier.
From top to bottom in the below picture, I'll list what I did for the week:
1. Chopped sweet potatoes for sweet potato fries via Tess.
2. Rinsed and chopped broccoli for Molly Anne and I.
3. Chopped red onion for salads and mexi night
4. Skinned and chopped squash and zucchini
5. Chopped radishes for salads
6. Rinsed and picked grapes so they're easier to eat
7. Rinsed and chopped cherry tomatoes for salad
8. Individual baggies with two boiled eggs each. I use these for grab and go breakfasts with an avocado.
9. I also rinsed all of our peaches and big tomatoes and shucked 4 ears of corn.
I spent 45 minutes total doing all of this and it will save me valuable time all week. AKA more time I can hang out with Molly Anne after work.
Okay here's our meal plan for this week ------
I made Natalie's Antipasto Wraps. They were super easy and I have a few leftover for the week. Probably will use them for lunch. Served them with corn for dinner.
At some point this week we'll have this:
I already have chopped tomatoes and I'll use our sliced fresh mozz and premade pesto from Teeter to quickly make this salad.
Tess' grilled chicken with pesto and Parmesan served with sweet potato fries. I already grilled the chicken on Sunday because I can't handle grilling in 100+ degree weather after work. Ha.
My friend Ashley's shrimp tacos:
White Corn Tortillas
Marie's chipotle ranch
By this point, I'm super lazy so probably some noodles with a jar of vodka sauce and if I'm extra ambitious, add sausage to the sauce. With a side salad.
Y'all - I've basically had to come to the conclusion that fancy dinners will not be happening in our house these days. I'm barely alive when I get home as it is plus a one year old plus giving mills some exercise, unpacking and repacking for the next day. I don't get nap time to meal prep. I have about an hour to do all of the above things. Plus spend some quality time with Molly Anne. REAL LIFE FRIENDS! And I think it's okay. Ha!