Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Corned Beef Meal

Every year I always wish I had gotten my act together and made a traditional Irish meal. This year I did! I got a corned beef from the grocery and figured out details as it got closer. Here's how I did it so I can remember for next year!


Ingredients:
1. Corned beef
2. Head of cabbage, sliced in wedges
3. Half of a sweet onion, chopped loosely 
4. 2 stalks of celery chopped in big chunks
5. A bunch of carrots, chopped
6. Red potatoes in a steamable bag
7. Can of Guinness
8. Can of beef broth
9. Mustard
10. Pepper
11. Shredded cheddar

Directions:
1. Take the corned beef out and rinse it then pat dry. 
2. Coat the fatty side with mustard then add the seasoning packet that came with it. Then I patted a bunch of pepper on top. 
3. In a big dish put the onions, celery, carrots on the bottom. Place the corned beef on top with seasoning on top. Pour the Guinness and beef broth around the meat. 
4. Cover with foil. 
5. 325 degrees for 3.5 hours 
6. Take it out and add the cabbage wedges to the dish. Cover and cook for another 30 minutes covered in foil. 
7. Check it. The meat should fall apart. If it doesn't, put it back in for another 30 minutes. 
8. Take it out, take the foil off and let it rest for a bit. 
9. While that's resting, steam your potatoes and put them on a sheet pan. Smash them and add some salt and cheese. Pop them in the oven for about 10 minutes at 400 degrees. 
10. Enjoy! 



No comments:

Post a Comment