Monday, November 20, 2017

Weekend - Birthday, Independence Fund, Decorations

Friday morning cuddles.  She loves hanging on his bed doing her numbers games.  I loved that Mills went and laid right by her with his head on his bed.  I mean seriously!!!!  



Friday was my birthday.  We went out to 131 Main for dinner and our little queenie was mostly on her best behavior.  The 5:30pm reservation was for sure necessary and when she wasn't trying to stand in the booth, she was pretty good.  ;)  I told her that we didn't stand in booths so she didn't need to either!  Kevin had the filet which I tasted and it was so good and I had trout.  Miss Molly Anne had a grilled cheese!  Kevin and Molly Anne gave me a car wash...the new car and new house were my gifts this year and the house probably for the next 30!  



Saturday morning soccer.  Every time she went to score a goal she held her right hand behind her back.  It was so cute!  One more soccer session is left for the season!  


And also every time after she scored, she ran over to me and said, "Mamaaaaa, I did it!!!!"  She was so proud of herself!  


After soccer, we headed over to the house so Kevin and I could decide on some things.  This is how we have to do the house stuff when we have her.  It's still really not a safe place to be so I put her in the stroller and gave her my iPad.  Desperate times but it worked and we got stuff done!  


She wanted us all to lay on her floor and cover up with one of her blankets (including baby bunny and big bunny).  Then she wanted a picture of us!


Saturday afternoon we went to the celebration of Independence Fund's 10th anniversary of giving back to veterans, at Hunter Farm in Weddington.  It was a wonderful family event put on my dear friend Sarah.  She does so much for the veteran community and we are thankful for her and what she does! 


Molly Anne standing for the National Anthem with her little hand over her heart.  The way it should be!  Teach them young.  She stood there perfectly the whole song and didn't even try to run around.  I WAS SO PROUD!


Then she danced to Josh Gracin (American Idol) for awhile!  She loved it!  Not shy, haha!




And eat ice cream while watching him!






Molly Anne and I were first in line to meet Josh.  Such a nice guy who has served in the military as well!  


My friend Kate sent me this picture of Kevin and Molly Anne that she took.  She said it was the sweetest moment and I love that she captured it!


That night, Ashlyn came over to watch Molly Anne and we went out with some friends that we met a long time ago where we used to live!  It's like time never has passed when we hang with David and Jenn!  We love them and could have stayed all night talking!  Yes, the baked potatoes at Firebirds are amazing!  


Sunday morning, Molly Anne woke up wanting to do puzzles that second.  She did the one that her feet are on all by herself!  


I went over to the house Sunday morning for a couple hours to organize light fixtures, faucets and other stuff.  My friend Margot stopped over to check it out too which was super sweet!  

After nap, Molly Anne and I put up some Christmas decorations and she LOVED it.  In fact, this morning the first thing she said when I got her out of bed was, "where are my Christmas trees?"  So I was a little hesitant to put many Christmas decorations up because I hope we are taking them down before Christmas so we can move but who knows.  We may go full steam ahead with decorations just so she can enjoy the season?!  I turned the lights on this morning and she said, "It's so magical!"  So yeah, we'll probably get a tree and then move it or something.  Or maybe we'll use our 3' fake Target tree.  I have no idea.  

Last night my buddy jumped right up on the couch and laid with me.  He's soooooo sweet!


Here's to a short week!

4 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday! This year has been pretty good! Can't wait to see what next year brings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday! It sounds like you had a fun dinner, and it certainly has been a big year for you all! It looks like Santa needs to bring Molly Anne some new puzzles; she has those down! Also, the pictures of MA during the anthem and with your husband are so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday!! What a fun weekend!! The house is coming along, when do y’all hope to move in?

    ReplyDelete