Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Our Weekend

We had a much needed just us weekend.  It included dinner at home Friday night, I got served french toast in bed on Saturday morning (complete with a syrup heart) and getting things done around the house.

My friend Sarah and I hit up a couple consignment sale.  We got a ton at the Posh Closet one in south Charlotte!

Saturday night we went to Elevation for the 5pm service and then had dinner at Ruth's Chris for something different.  We never do that fancy of a meal so it was a nice treat!  We both got the same steak - the petite filet oscar style.  

Sometimes you just need a night out the two of you with some water and sweet tea! ;)

Sunday it was super nice in Charlotte so Mills and I took a nap outside while Kevin worked a bit.  I gave Mills a bath out there and he felt a lot better.  He hadn't had one since mid-February or since his surgery so he was extra frisky after he got dried off!

We also went to brunch with Kevin's parents at their club.  They had mashed potatoes and bananas foster on top of pancakes...um yes I gained weight this week I bet!!  It was nice chatting with them and catching up.  I'll have to fill you all in on what they gave us for the baby on Thursday's update.


Sunday night ended with a visit to the local ER just to find out what was going on with Kevin.  He thought it was kidney stones or diverticulitis.  It was the later so he is on a soft foods diet for awhile until it calms down.  He's okay though, I promise.  

This pooch is playing nurse this week!   ;)


6 comments:

  1. I love that picture of you in the green shirt. I think it was on instagram too? Anyways, you look so pretty in that picture. So glad you had a great weekend, love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm french toast! Haven't had that in forever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ella is looking over my shoulder, and saw Mills...she is now barking at him! LOL! Loves her woof-woofs ;) Glad Kevin is ok, and that you found stuff at Posh Closet!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad Kevin is ok! I had bannas foster french toast this weekend. AMAZING! I'm glad you were able to have a nice relaxing weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. French toast served in bed - your hubby is a keeper, glad he's on the mend! We love Ruth's Chris, always good. I love a good nap outside - your weekend sounds perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a great weekend...that breakfast in bed is too sweet and I LOVE filet oscar! Hope Kev is on the mend!

    ReplyDelete