Thursday, March 12, 2015

Week 24 Pregnancy Journal

How far along? 24 weeks

Size of Baby: An ear of corn!

Gender: Not finding out!  We came up with another boy name we liked.  Well keeping the same first but we cannot decided on a middle.


Weight Gain:  I finally gained a couple pounds this week and I'm so excited about it.  I am starting to look pregnant versus fat haha!  

Maternity Clothes: Still my regular clothes but I did get the cutest pair of maternity shorts from Loft that my friend Fran told me about. I tried them on once they came in the mail and they're so comfortable.  It'll be a few more weeks before I need them.  

Nursery:  Well our bath renovation has been pushed until late April by the contractor so I may have the painter come over and do the nursery and upstairs next week.  We'll see if I can get my act together to do that.  We were trying to wait so the painter could do it all at once but I'm getting antsy. 

Movement: Yes and it's super cool!

Symptoms: Would anyone like to remove my ribs?  Please and thank you. The massage did nothing.  I'm going to stand or lay down the rest of my life. No sitting.  It baffles me there is nothing any doctor can do. 

Sleep: Still good which I'm thankful for. Basically I run myself ragged so I sleep. Been that way my entire life.  I do not stop moving during the day.  

Cravings:  I'm ready for the farmers marker to open. I'm excited for fresh fruit. But I always like that so nothing crazy.  I had a malted milkshake the other night which was AMAZING but that was a really special treat.

What I Miss:  Shockingly I really haven't been nuts about missing a gin and tonic or corona as it gets warmer.  Talk to me in a few weeks when we hang on a patio.  Club soda with a lime will have to do.  It really hasn't been as bad as I thought without alcohol in general though.  I evidently get rid of stress by exercising more than a cold beverage on a Friday.

Best Moment This Week:  Kevin's parents gave us his silver-silverware that he used as a baby.  That was really sweet and something we will always treasure.  I love the family history behind it and will be sure to pass it along to our kid's kids. 


Looking Forward To:  Kevin to feel this baby move and hanging with friends on Saturday!

5 comments:

  1. Where have I been and how did I not know Loft had a maternity section?!?!? So excited to check that out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, I'm with ya! Can't wait for Farmer's Market season too!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That milkshake sounds delicious...and well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The rib pain. Girl I totally feel you and can relate 100% to only wanting to sit or lay down. It hurt so stinking bad for most of my second and third trimester, some weeks worse than others. Can't remember if I already shared this with you, but some things that helped me were heating pads on my ribs and being in a pool. I know it seems far, but I will say my pain went away immediately following her birth! Hang in there. I know it sucks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, the rib pain was awful, and it seems that some are more prone to it than others. You probably have a ways to go until baby drops, but once that happens you should get some relief. I did go to a chiropractor and that may help a little. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete