Thursday, March 5, 2015

Week 23 Pregnancy Journal

How far along? 23 weeks

Size of Baby: Large mango - almost a foot long and weighs just over a pound

Gender: Not finding out!  Kevin told me if we use our girl name that he wants to call her by her first and middle...aka a double name.  I think it's super cute but it surprised me he wanted to do that.  


Weight Gain:  None.  I talked to the doctor about it last Friday.  They aren't concerned one ounce.  She said I may only gain about 15 pounds the entire time.  I'll be thrilled with that.  We shall see.  

Maternity Clothes: No.  I wore my regular jeans last Friday and hope I can keep that up for awhile.  I bought a bella band but haven't used it. 

Nursery:  I think the crib is getting delivered in the next couple of weeks.  I already have all the bedding for that.  The closet is pretty much cleaned out and there are now clothes hanging in there!!  We won't paint until we finish our bathroom renovation so we can have the painter come in at once and do it all.  I do know we are going with SW Agreeable Gray.  

Movement: Yes!  I'll be glad when Kevin can feel it. 

Symptoms:  Ribs still killing me.  I did feel one pain free day this week and that was Sunday when I was on my own schedule and not sitting for long periods of time.  That was really nice.  I'm more conscious of what I pick up heaviness wise because I learned my lesson last week.  It's just frustrating not being able to do everything.

Sleep: Good.  Not using one of those big pillows.  I told the doc I wasn't sleeping much because I was so paranoid about being on my side.  She said, "I'd rather you sleep than be on your side the whole night."  So that solves that.  She did say that if I'm laying down watching TV (which if you know me, is pretty much never) then be on my side.  

Cravings:  None.  I'm pretty much eating just like I used to.

What I Miss:  I'd really like to feel like myself but I'm thankful for the experience and I know come July I'll be normal again.

Best Moment This Week:  My parents sent us the stroller for an early shower gift.   That was reality seeing that at our door ha!  Also, washing all the baby clothes and putting them away was super fun.  It's becoming more exciting, I must admit.


Looking Forward To:  Getting the room put together more and I may get a massage this weekend to see if that helps my ribs/back!  

9 comments:

  1. I obviously love a good double name...once the crib is set up in the room it becomes SO much more real!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow it sounds like everything is really coming along! I think double names are cute too : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see your sweet nursery once it's all put together-- I can only imagine how classic and sweet it will be! And I love the idea of a double name. My husband, being from Boston, had never really heard of double names with girls and I recited to him the number of girls that I graduated high school with who had double names-- I think they're absolutely adorable, and so sweetly southern :) Hopefully I can convince him they're perfect for Yankeeland by the time we're ready for little ones too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm the same way about sleeping and I'm glad to hear your doctor told you the same thing mine did. Sleep is best, worry about the position later. We are calling our daughter by her first and middle name too! Lots of the family are a little confused by it, I guess it's a southern thing, but we adore the name.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry about the rib pain, that constant pain is not fun at all. And I'm so in love with double names!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I voted on your gender poll that it's a boy, but golly won't Kevin just be a big puddle of mush if it's a girl? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute that the double name idea is your hubby's! Bless it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I cant wait to see how your styling the nursery since you wont know the gender.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so excited for you! Lots of fun things happening this week! Which stroller did yall go with? Can't wait to see more nursery updates, and just tickled that Kevin loves the double name. How sweet! Xoxo!

    ReplyDelete