Friday, October 6, 2023

Five on Friday - letter, lunch, soccer

Wanted to share a quick recipe that's nothing fancy but took me about 3 minutes to make this week. I'm now at the point of getting recipes from Instagram. I am who I am. This is a chicken and rice casserole and super easy to make in the morning then throw it in the oven while the kids are showering that night. 

Dinner continues to be the hardest thing in my little world despite the meal planning, grocery ordering, fruit and veggie cleaning and cutting. It's a lot of work to feed these people that live in our house! Who's with me?! We won't discuss the laundry that just randomly occurs at all hours of the night. 

1. Found this letter that she wrote him and tucked into his new book that he picked out from the library this week. I mean cutest ever right?


2. Building a teepee in a Lilly dress. This is what kids should be doing. Playing and creating outside! Not doing hours of homework and competing on every ball field at age 8! I'll stop now. 


3. Obsessed with my @heatheropal.art pumpkins! She is so talented!


4. Got to have lunch with both kids this week. Molly Anne LOVES when I come see her for lunch. Like I need to be soaking this up much more. Grady did too. This was my first time for him since he's just now in Kinder. They opened it up this week to allow parents in for lunch and I'm thrilled I got to go so soon. Molly Anne's teacher loved the little break!


5. Grady has been playing Champ soccer at Calvary Church and has really enjoyed it. I must say, it's a great program. They have a little devotional in the middle of their hour long practice each week. Then at their game on Saturdays they have to recite the verse they learned! Little churchy soccer going on! There are worst things! Plus the league is super organized and the practices and games are same day/time every week. Win!


Happy Weekending!

1 comment:

  1. That note is the sweetest thing!! I would gladly take a devotional break if the trade off was practices and games on the same day and time!!

    ReplyDelete