Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Easy White Chicken Chili

Well I'm down a crockpot because the one we got for our wedding 10 years ago no longer works. This recipe would have been perfect in a crockpot if I had one but I didn't so I threw it all in a pot on the stove and boiled it then let it simmer for a few. Then on the table it went!

I combined this recipe and this recipe to make the below recipe! When I tell you that this took me 10 minutes to make, I mean it! Easy for after work. Both of my kids loved it. Grady is super into soups right now!


Ingredients:

- half onion diced

- 3 cloves of garlic 

- 2 cans of 15 ounce cannellini beans, drained

- rotisserie chicken diced

- 32 ounces chicken broth low sodium 

- 8 ounces of mild salsa verde (half a jar)

- shakes of oregano, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper

- Toppings - shredded cheddar, sour cream, cilantro if you have it and avocado (2 avocados if you're Grady)


Directions:

1. Saute the onion and garlic in some olive oil

2. Add the beans, chicken, broth, salsa and spices. 

3. Let boil and simmer for about 5-10 minutes.

4. Serve and let your kids put on their own toppings

No comments:

Post a Comment