Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Water and Cute Shoes for Molly Anne

This is the deal.  These sandals are ugly (in my opinion of course!) and not what I imagine my cute little baby to be wearing.  BUT, I am a practical person and I don't want her feet to hurt her whole life.  So I want her to wear something supportive and safe.  

Enter our little trip to Nordstrom on Saturday.  This was after we've tried Natives and Crocs on her which are cuter.  Natives didn't work because she has a high arch and she had circles indented on the top of her foot after 5 minutes of wearing them.  We got a pair of Crocs that actually do work and Molly Anne loves them, I just don't know that she has enough coordination to keep them on unless the back strap is pretty tight.  We're currently testing them out around the house so we'll see on those!  

Took her to the shoe department and the lady suggested these and my response - NO WAY!  My child isn't wearing hiking shoes to the beach!  


But the more I learned about them, I knew they were a smart decision.  She is going to be walking on uneven docks, shells in the creek and in water with unknown things on the bottom.  She's a good walker but still not 100% perfect...she's not even 2 yet.  Kevin was actually on this little trip to Nordstrom and he was even sold on them because of how practical they were.  He wasn't as sold when he went to the register to pay but that's a different story! ;)

On to some MUCH cuter shoes that I also got for her this week!  These Jack Rogers Little Miss Hamptons Sandals!  Jack Rogers has never had sandals for between sizes 5-8 until this past week I think!  My friend Margot alerted me to these and I ordered them instantly.  Do not ever tell Kevin how much they were but they are ADORABLE.  Got them on Saturday and Molly Anne said, "ohhhhhhh new shoes!"  Not every day you get two new pairs of shoes ha!  


So now Molly Anne has three pairs of shoes for this year - the jellysthe sandals and these dressy sandals!  She is officially good to go in the shoe department!

13 comments:

  1. Keens are so comfy I've heard. The pink ones are cute!! Poor graham gets dots on his feet from natives. Just call me a bad mama haha. Those jacks are darling!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always liked TOMS Mary Janes for the girls. Although I only bought them when they were on zulily. Shoes are so hard for little ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keens are the best! M has been wearing them for 4 summers now and I have no complaints!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl, you are KILLING ME with the baby Jacks! The only thing Charlotte's worn so far are her baby Freshly Picked moccasins - I'm hesitant to buy anything else yet a) because she's only 4 1/2 months old haha, and b) because she's just barely finally fitting into a size 0 newborn shoe. I basically bookmark any of your "What Molly Anne Wears" posts to come back to as Charlotte grows ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keens are awesome! We're at the beach almost every weekend in the summer and I live in Keens down there... you'll be surprised how many people you see wearing them at the beach now that you're aware of that particular shoe. You'll love Molly Anne having those shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shoes are killing me for this summer. I found OshKosh sandals for Leo that kind of look like Birks but he walks so funny in them I'm not sure if they're going to work.....I don't want him in gym shoes all summer either so I've been scratching my head (and spending too much money) on socks and shoes for the little guy! I think the keens will get a ton of use, even if they're not the cutest. I may have to think about investing in them too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Conner is OBSESSED with his Natives and Crocs. (A side eye to the Crocs, but whatever - he's a boy.) He also has Keens. Does he wear them? No. Again - see the obsession with the other two. Sigh. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahahahah you crack me up about the Keen's!!! I feel the same way ;) Andd....WHYYY are you just now letting me know that jack's come in Ella's size now?!?!?! Amazing. Ordering some ASAP!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love those baby Jacks! Oh my goodness, those are adorable! I hate spending money on toddler shoes, but it is so important for them to have good, sturdy shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Keens are so fugly, but so dang easy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Keene are great, we get Stella a pair every year and they are so easy, comfortable and practical. They do need washing though. Also great re-sale value after she out grows them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dyyyyyyyyyying over the Jack Rogers. I'd better try them quick to see if they'll work so Emme can wear them all season too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We love sun San sandals and natives for the pool/beach. Although they leave little circles on Oliver's feet too but I just assumed it was bc he should chubby baby feet still! They don't bother him and he doesn't wear them for too long so we just deal with it.

    ReplyDelete