Monday, May 8, 2017

Jeff's 50th

We had a pretty big weekend.  

Friday morning this is the first thing I saw.  Mills laying facing the wall on my side of the bed.  Crazy boy!  
 

We had a second tile appointment at Crossville on Friday with Jillian.  She is fabulous.  We picked out a lot of new things and are probably going to go with most of them assuming the price is right.

This is the downstairs guest bathroom.  Left tile is the floor and will be 12x24 and the right large piece is the shower walls which will end up being 12x12 but we are laying it in a cool way with some of the hexagon in between.  The hexagons will be the shower floor.     
 

Friday night we tried a new place that just opened nearby - Ted's Montana Grill.  It was good.  We both got bison burgers.  Molly Anne even tried it but she liked her mac n cheese more!  And I especially loved that buttered carrots were an option for a side with the kids meal.  They give out WikkiStix instead of crayons which I thought was so cool.  She loved playing with them. We made her glasses!
 

Saturday morning we made scrapple and Poppa's special cheesy eggs for breakfast!  Girlfriend loves it!  We did a few errands that morning.  Kevin took Molly Anne to Target and I went to Talbots, Old Navy and Home Goods child free!  That was a treat!
 

During nap, Kevin power washed the back patio and I helped him a little bit.  My friends Nina and Katie were raving about this beer at bunco last week so I picked it up to have.  They're right - it tastes like a warm sunny day!  So good!  By the way - this is the link to Nina's blog - she posts amazing recipes!
 

We played with bubbles!
 
 

Then we went over to our neighbor's house for a 50th birthday party for Jeff!
 

I never get my picture taken with Lisa but last night we did!  She is my early morning running buddy in the hood!
 

Jeff and Regina had turned their kitchen into a disco room.  It was crazy!  They had awesome music playing inside and also out on their covered porch which overlooked the pool.  Gorgeous.
 

The old man and his bride!
 

We are thankful for such great friends in our hood!  We walked home about 12:30am so yeah the party was too much fun!
 

Sunday we just hung out and were super low key.  Our little alarm clock still wakes up whether we are out late or not! ;)  Molly Anne and I did a few errands and I did meal prep for the week during nap.  After nap the three of us plus Mills were outside playing - it was soooo pretty and nice out!  70 degrees and sunny!  We grilled burgers and veggies for dinner and called it a super fun weekend!  

5 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun weekend! I can't remember the last time I stayed out until 12:30! Molly Anne is so cute in the bubbles!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it's summer when Oberon comes out!! It's my favorite. Molly Anne is precious!! Too bad Mills can't watch her after those late nights :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun party! I love your dress too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys have so much fun on weekends! I need to get a sitter more often ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ummmmmmmm......NO IDEA what Wikki Sticks were until you posted that link. But now I think Conner needs them. Stat. THANKS for sharing!

    ReplyDelete