Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Molly Anne Stuff

I slept so hard last night (and had a dream about an ex boyfriend which was odd) but I really really really needed that sleep.  Sometimes I go in our spare bedroom to sleep without Kev and Mills and I hate doing that but when I don't sleep, I get sick and I cannot deal with being sick right now (or anytime).  How's that for a run on sentence?  Anyway, I woke up feeling refreshed and ready for the day.  Insert praise hands!  

While we were getting ready this morning, Molly Anne was running around playing etc. and all of the sudden I heard silence.  You Mamas know that this usually isn't a good thing!  So I ran to find her and this is what I found.  She had climbed up into the glider in her room and was reading her nativity book that my MOH gave her for Christmas.  How sweet is that?!!!  I love that she is leaning on her new blue bunny that Aunt Kate gave her this past weekend.  I asked her to point to Jesus and she pointed to him.  Maybe we are doing something right?!  Ha!  She also had gotten her shoes out and put them on by herself!  Always has to figure out how everything works!

But also, I just couldn't believe that my BABY was sitting up in a chair and quietly reading a book.  How did she grow up so quickly?!!!!!!!!!  Ahhhhhhhhhhhh.  
 

Speaking of growing up, when we were at our new neighbors house last weekend, she got on Maggie's radio flyer tricycle and tried to ride it.  I think it is time for her to get a little bike and this may have to be her first one.  Birthday gift?!!

She has been obsessed with drinking out of my cup whenever I have a straw in it.  As in - she is holding my tervis tumbler and drinking out of it by herself - gah so grown up!  Sarah told me this would happen so I should have expected it.  I'm going to get Molly Anne this water bottle that Gigi uses and I just know Molly Anne will love having her own!  


I'm finding myself putting up baby toys and having to find more challenging things for her.  She can put the shapes in the shape sorter quickly now and name most of the shapes.  She can do the animal and shape puzzles in less than a minute.  I want her to stay challenged so here and there I'm putting the easy stuff away and finding more things to stimulate her little mind!  If you have any suggestions, I'd love them!

10 comments:

  1. Hi-we have that radio flyer trike and my three year old can STILL not pedal it. I wish I had gone with a scooter (although that's a bit more dangerous,) or a balance bike right out of the gate. We just got the balance bike and scooter and he was able to use both right away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My 2.5 year old got the same one for Easter and he can't pedal it either! It's been quite the let down!

      Delete
  2. I have two boys and I can't tell you how many cups I have gone through. The Nalgene cup was the only one I found that didn't leak. As far as toys. This is such a fun age. My boys loved sorting pom poms into a cupcake tray using an oversized kids tweezer. Reinforces color and works motor skills. My youngest is in all sorts of therapies and his favorite toys to play in therapy are all food related. I think it's Melissa and Doug that has a set of food that is stuck together with velcro that they can pretend to cut. I'm all about toys that help with motor skills since that was an issue both my boys needed to work on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I second the cutting food set from Melissa and Doug. My kids still play with their play kitchen and play food.

      Delete
  3. Magna Tiles! Expensive but worth the investment (Connor still plays with them). I think the age recommendation is 3+ but Camden already plays with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree!! We've had 10 years of kids and they have been a favorite with all and for the longest time. Right now my 2 year old and 7 year old play with them together often.

      Delete
  4. My granddaughter loves the V-Tech Go Go Smart Friends, she has the figures and the doll house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also Duplos. They have some cute sets now and my kids loved building towers and "castles". I also really love Kinetic Sand. Very fun, and easy to clean. Usually I just have them use it in kitchen. But it sticks together so cleanup is a breeze.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the trike idea! We love our silicon building blocks, but I'm sure MA has those already! I can't believe she's almost 2!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a 19-month-old and we have the Joovy Tricycoo 4.1 and I LOVE it! We can push him around but he gets to feel like a big boy in the trike. I love that it can grow with him, and the canopy is key!
    http://joovy.com/tricycoo-4-1/

    ReplyDelete