Monday, May 22, 2017

Pool, Brunch, Birthday, Gala, Sprinkle

How's that for a creative title?!  Not!

Here's how the weekend went down:
Pool
Brunch
Mall
Nap
Birthday
Gala
Baby Sprinkle
Pool

Let's recap.

Friday afternoon we went to our new neighborhood pool with friends Margot and Emmerson!  This was Molly Anne's first dip this year.  She wasn't impressed at first but after I splashed water on her and we went into the deeper water, she was fine and loving it.  

"Poooooool!"

Life doesn't get better if you're Molly Anne - pink lemonade which kept her up an hour past bed time (rookie move) and goldfish.  

Bathing beauties!

The King Mills!  He's so stately!

Saturday morning we went to Cafe Monte for brunch to celebrate our own little Mother's Day a bit belated!  It was so fun and amazingly, Molly Anne was an angel.  She quietly colored while waiting on our food.    

Smoked salmon benedict and a mimosa - YES!  It was amazing as it looks.  Kevin had an omelet and Molly Anne had an egg and some fruit.  The only thing on the kids menu for breakfast was a nutella crepe and I wasn't about to go there with the day ahead haha!

Love my sweet girl!

Afterward we went over to the mall and got Molly Anne some new shoes and I had to return a couple of things.  


Afternoon nap time with my buddy.


Molly Anne helped me give Mills a bath out back and then we got dressed and went to Lucas' first birthday party!  Molly Anne loved the new toys (to her) at their house!


Cake was obviously a highlight!

It was so fun celebrating his birthday!  It was golf themed and Mindy always goes crazy with the crafts and decorations.  They all decorated the cutest golf visors and then took home a set of play golf clubs too!  Molly Anne had the best time.


Saturday night we went to Ballantyne Resort for a gala benefiting A Child's Place.  They provide supplies, food and mentors to homeless children in Charlotte.  It was a wonderful evening and a lot of money was raised!


A typical "us" picture.  


On Sunday I attended a sprinkle at Dogwood Southern Table for Kristen!  She is expecting in August and doesn't know the gender.  Love a good surprise and I'm so excited for her!  She already has a little boy.  My guess is girl this time!  


This should be called the WORTH EVERY CALORIE chicken biscuit.  




After I got home, Molly Anne had just woken up from her nap so we went to the pool.  I'm SO proud of her.  This was only her second time to the pool this year and she stood on the side of the pool and jumped into my arms with no help!  She LOVED it too and kept saying "again, again!"  Now I must watch her like a hawk at the pool because she has no fear!  I thought she would be more into the splash pad than she was but she just wanted to swim in the big pool!  We have a fun summer ahead!


4 comments:

  1. I'm jealous of your good weather! It was rainy and cold here! Loved your look for the charity event on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that chicken biscuit looks incredible! I can't wait till Sarah is more predictable and dinners out become a little easier for us :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited about the pool time this summer! Molly Anne looks adorable in her bathing suit. You all look so fancy at the gala, and what a pretty brunch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, I'm glad you guys had fun at Lucas's party! Love the pic of her and Camille eating cake!! :)

    ReplyDelete