Shrimp Brochettes1.5 lbs. shrimp
3.5 Tbsp olive oil
3.5 Tbsp vegetable oil
2/3 cups fine bread crumbs
½ tsp. chopped garlic
2 tsp. chopped parsley
¾ tsp. salt
Freshly ground pepper
1. Preheat broiler to its max setting for 15 min.
2. Shell/devein shrimp. Wash in cold water and pat dry.
3. Add as much of the oil and bread crumbs as necessary to obtain an even, light, coating on all shrimp. When the shrimp are coated, add garlic, parsley, salt and pepper and mix well. Allow the shrimp to marinate for 20 minutes at room temperature.
4. Soak the wooden skewers so they don’t burn. Skewer the shrimp lengthwise.
5. Broil the shrimp no more than 3 minutes, then turn the skewers over and broil approximately another 2 minutes.
6. Serve hot with lemon wedges.