Monday, May 10, 2010

The Pioneer Woman

On Friday night I got to meet The Pioneer Woman, Ree.  If you don't know her story, you must check her out.  She was SO sweet and humble despite being famous!  Love people like that!  First, let me give you the background....my friend from college Suz knows these girls via blogs and twitter.  She has met a few of them in real life but the others she met on Friday night when we met up to go meet Ree.  Sara was sweet enough to get 20 tickets for our Group C.  I met Heir to Blair, Kathleen, Jenny, Alena, Amy, Sally, Meredith and Emilee.  

Ree came out and answered some questions for a bit before everyone lined up.  Since we were in Group C, we didn't have to wait long at all...maybe 30 or 45 minutes. 
Ree and I.
Suz and Ree.
Our whole group.  Everyone was so sweet and nice.  I had the best time meeting some new girls.  Alena drove in from outside of Nashville and Amy came from Arkansas for the big event!  They both traveled with their little girls too!
After the signing, we went to Maggiano's for dinner.  Despite a 45 minute wait, we made the best of it and enjoyed being with each other!  Nice to meet you ladies!  Hopefully we can all get together again soon!

6 comments:

  1. Lucky girl! She was in DC last week and I really wanted to go, but it was the same night I had class, so I had to miss it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is adorable! So fun you're a Chi O! I have a couple best friends who are Chi Os!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was fun meeting you too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is cool, i have never heard of her until last week when another blog i read met her too. i'll have to check her out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh!! I am so so so jealous of you meeting the PW!! She's so amazing! I missed her when she came through my city and I kick myself every time I see a story like this!!

    ReplyDelete