Friday, May 7, 2010

Flowers

These are the flowers that I planted last weekend on my balcony.  I know this is a terrible picture!  Some of the geraniums are getting ready to bloom so I'm looking forward to that.  I went for pink and yellow flowers only.  From left to right, I have a pink geranium in it's own pot, a darker pink begonia in a smaller pot then in the large planter, there is one geranium, three yellow flowers (can't remember what they are called) and two begonias. 
I am excited to take care of them this year.  When we picked them out at Home Depot, I consulted the guy working in the nursery so he gave me tips on which plants would live with only morning sun (my condo faces east).  Mom also is helping me with when to do miracle grow and watering.  Ha, I know it sounds ridiculous that I have had to ask for help on this but I've never had flowers survive more than one week!  This is day seven of these so I am on a roll, at least I hope so! 

Tonight I'm going to meet The Pioneer Woman at a book signing.  My friend Suz is coming down from Raleigh and one of her blogging friends got us tickets.  I'm excited to meet new people and especially to meet The Pioneer Woman!  Hope yall have a great weekend!!!

1 comment:

  1. So pretty. And I love the planter! Have fun tonight. xo xo, Whitney

    ReplyDelete