Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Wedding Wednesday - Asking Bridesmaids

I knew I wanted to ask my bridesmaids in a non-traditional way.  Well not necessarily non-traditional but just something with an extra kick.

So a few days after we got engaged, I headed over to my favorite place for invitations - Buttercup.

They had these cards that were super cute and I had seen the saying online that I wanted so I brought that with me. 

"Dear XXX,

Through the in's and out's
and thick and thin
no matter what's happened
there you've been.

So please stand by my side
when I say "I Do"
for I wouldn't be me
without a friend like you!

Love, Annie"

For my in town girls, I gave the card in person.  I went out with each of them separately to give them or they were at my condo.

For my out of town girls, I told them to expect some mail and surprised them with it! 

Both ways were super fun and I loved giving them!   

How did you ask or do you think you'll ask your ladies?!

9 comments:

  1. So cute! I love those & such a sweet saying!!

    I asked my girls by mailing them a card or giving it in person. On the front of the card I pasted a hideous bridesmaid's dress and wrote "If I promise not to make you wear this...." and then on the inside it said "will you please be my bridesmaid?" It was so fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOOOOOVE them! Buttercup never disappoints!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I had sent cards, but I was too excited! The day we got engaged, I called each of them and said "WILL YOU BE MY BRIDESMAID?" when they picked up...they all were kind of like "huh?" before they got it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had those same invitations for my Bridal Luncheon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooo cute!! Definitely going to have to remember this! Adorbs!

    xx
    Giovanna
    www.oliveandanarrow.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such cute cards--I love the pink and green!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these! Such a cute and heartfelt sentiment as well. :)

    ReplyDelete