Friday, August 10, 2012

My Cheap Go-To Place for Greeting Cards!

So I'm a platinum member of Hallmark.  AKA I go there and spend a fortune on cards all.the.time.  I like to send cards for everything.  Sometimes I forget, sometimes I am on it.  Either way, I do my best to send cards to people. 

One day I was bored up north waiting for a meeting to begin.  I walked into Dollar General.  It's the best place in town other than Wal-Mart.  Not kidding.

There I discovered this:

That is for these:

Are you kidding me?  $0.50 cards?  This cannot be true.  They cannot be cute.  They cannot be fun. 

Oh yes they are.  In fact, just as cute, if not better than Hallmark.  Funny, I had been in Hallmark earlier in the day and spent $16 on 5 cards.  Here, I got 8 cards for a quarter of the price -- $4.  No joke!

And let's be honest, we don't like giving cards that show they are only $0.50 on the back right?  These have the full price on them so like $2.79 or $3.89. 

Sold!  (And they're a client of ours so I feel even better about my cards, haha!)

Will I still go to Hallmark?  Absolutely.  But this was great to "stock up" on basics and have them on hand when necessary!

8 comments:

  1. My mom and I ALWAYS buy our cards from the dollar store! And they always have a huge selection of sweet/funny/sentimental/perfect cards. It's seriously the best, so glad I'm not the only one who shares this lil secret :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently stocked up at Dollar General. I always thought they would be ick cards but they're quite good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. definitely taking advantage of this next time i need to stock up!

    so glad you stopped by my blog! thanks for following!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love stocking up on greeting cards too! Good to know about Dollar General. So funny but you are so right about not wanting to give cards that say $.50 on the back. haha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Um I had no idea and this post was amazing! Next time I'm home or shoot, even see a dollar store I'm pulling over. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's where I always get cards from - they are SO much cheaper than anywhere else. I mean, 50 cents?! The only person I don't buy cards for is Brian. We always make ours for each other. It makes it a little more special :)

    Lauren
    http://laurensweetnothings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have become a huge Dollar Tree girl lately stocking up on Teacher Stuff and they have tons of greeting cards too!

    ReplyDelete