Thursday, August 9, 2012

Organizing Pinterest and Recipes

First, thank you all SO much for your help on my hair!  It was very interesting to hear yall's opinion based on what I kinda already had in my head of what I was going to do.  We shall see! ;)

Last night I had some extra time and got on Kevin's computer and organized my Pinterest account.  Pinterest won't work on my terribly slow computer so I always have to use his to do any major Pinterest work haha! 

Anyway I took my Recipes category and organized it into "Main Dish - Seafood" "Side Dishes" "Drinks" "Breakfast" etc.  Having all of my recipes in on one Board drove me nuts. 

Speaking of organizing recipes, do you all have a large binder you use with recipes you print from other blogs or magazines?  I do and it's become my favorite "cookbook."  I have it organized by category like Pinterest and it makes life so easy.  For the magazine cutouts, I insert them into the plastic cover sheets that are already three ring punched. I usually put a piece of white paper in first so then I can use the clear plastic sheet on both sides because of the plain white paper.  Does that make sense? 

Another thing I've done is whenever I see something I love in a magazine, I tear it out and insert it into a "house" idea binder like I do with the recipes above.  I have it organzied by room.  It's basically Pinterest in a hard copy form.  So I have a Foyer section in Pinterest and I also have a Foyer section in my notebook with things I've found from magazines.  I've found this was easier than keeping 1,800 magazines around the house.

Thoughts?  Do you all do this crazy organization stuff?

8 comments:

  1. I have the EXACT same recipe file folder at our house. It's my go-to ... much moreso than my actual recipe books. I love the clear plastic sleeves and how they are wipe-able for spills.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I separated most of my wedding pins and it made me feel so much more organized. I do have a recipe binder but I feel like since Pinterest took over my life, I never use it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these organization ideas! I need to start a cookbook binder. Adding the white paper seems like an obvious idea but I have never thought about that! I have been working on organizing my pinterest boards and it's quite the task!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a good idea! I have a ton of recipes bookmarked on my computer but I want to print them out and put them in a binder.

    ReplyDelete
  5. On my list of things to do is to organize a recipe binder. I have so many pulled out of magazines and it would be a great help to have it organized!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that idea. Mine is driving me crazy currently because I have a hodge podge of stuff under one board. Must do mine like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had to reorganize my Pinterest account last night also. It can get overwhelming after a while! I really need to create a recipe binder like you mentioned. That would be so much easier than the mess of recipes I have on a board in the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I´m double older than you and I´ve been doing the recipe binder for a long time and it works...I cut-out the recipe photo and paste it on top of the bond paper, below it are the cut ingredients and how to instructions...then put some divider and categorized them into sections like main dishes, sweets,preserves.
    I have a very good stuffed eggplant recipe in my blog, if you have the time, please have a peek, I´m sure you will love it...
    http://challengingartsandcrafts.blogspot.co.at/2012/08/imam-bayildi-stuffed-eggplant-recipe.html

    ReplyDelete