Tuesday, April 2, 2024

Easter Weekend

Friday afternoon we went to the beach to fly kites that Ms. Julie had given them! I took my mom with us while my dad went to Pawleys to see my brother and his fam. Mom loves the beach and I'm glad we went out there. We hung with friends and chilled. It was beautiful outside. 




Friday night we went to our friends house for a taco bar and to watch the NC State game!


I was in charge of margaritas! Lunazul, like bubbly and a sliced jalapeƱo or two, with a lime!


They won and on to the elite 8!


Saturday we put the boat in the water then had an early dinner at Sharky's. Tuna poke bowl is so good. 


Dad and Kevin drove the boat over to Sharky's while I took the car and trailer back home. Then I put the kids and mom on the golf cart to meet at Sharky's. It was fun. 


Oh I also walked/ran early Saturday morning. Met my friend Carlee from work out there and we watched the sun rise and walked and talked!  


And we went to the event at the park that the Town of Ocean Isle put on. Always cute. We walked around the market too. 






The Easter Bunny came!


The golden retriever puppy with an NC State coller and the Stanley cup were their highlights!


The Presbyterian service on the beach at Driftwood was wonderful. 






Saw my friend Suz there too! 




Back home to get ready for brunch at our house with the whole crew. All three families and two of us had our parents with us too! 




We had quite the spread and Hilary, Ariel and I divided and conquered to make it happen!


Oyster crackers and nuts to snack on
Mac N Cheese
Ham Sliders
Deviled eggs
Fruit salad 
Croissants
Shrimp salad to put on croissants
Broccoli salad
Sausage Egg Cheese Casserole
Asparagus wrapped in prosciutto 
Peep Cake
Lemon Bars

I should share my broccoli salad and shrimp salad recipes soon. They're actually my mom's recipes!






It was a gorgeous day!


Silly gooses 


We headed back over to Steve and Ariel's to watch NC State beat Duke. Had to go to the same place as we had luck on Friday night! 

We also got to go see our neighbors beach house that live near us at home. They have an awesome tiki bar and view on the marsh.

NC State pulled through with the win. Final four!!! 


Monday - we played at the local park. They have an amazing facility out there. Soccer fields, tennis courts, pickleball, dog park, track, baseball fields, and more. It's so nice. Steve got Grady trained up on the soccer field! 


Molly Anne dyed Easter eggs of course!


Hilary and I took the kids on a 5 mile bike ride to the far east end of the island! They loved it but I may have loved it more! 


Got the boat on our new lift on Monday too!


We made the best summer meal (on April 1st). Mills even liked the corn! 


Will share these recipes soon too!


Grady loves his puppy! 


Back to the grind today! 

No comments:

Post a Comment