Wednesday, April 10, 2024

Frozen Meals

One thing I've been wanting to do for my parents is to cook them some homemade meals. Mom can't cook any more and Dad already has too much on his plate. No pun intended! 

I was going to ship some up there on dry ice in February but it didn't happen. I finally got my act together before we were to see them in Ocean Isle for Easter. I made everything in 2-4 serving portions to heat if that makes sense. That way they could get more use out of the meals. I pretty much did 2 dinners of 2-4 portions for every meal below. It honestly didn't take me long to do this. I ordered all of the groceries, then made three meals at a time over a couple of days. It wasn't a big deal. 

I froze it all here in Charlotte then we took it to Ocean Isle. Threw it in our freezer there then Dad had brought his cooler (with crab meat!) to take these back to Maryland. Easy peasy!

This was the list of meals I made:

Cabernet Burgers - I made the sauce, put it in the burgers then froze two patties in each bag.
Chicken Alfredo Bake - I used a rot chicken, added broccoli, used protein pasta and Rao's alfredo
Chicken Fajitas - used a packet of fajita seasoning. Just froze these in a plastic bag and he can throw on a sheet pan to cook.
No Peek Beef  - my Mom always served over egg noodles
Mom's Meatloaf - I used her recipe but this is similar.







4 comments:

  1. That is so kind and thoughtful of you! I'm sure they really appreciated it and even sweeter that you made some of your mom's recipes for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea!! Thanks for sharing the recipes with us!

    ReplyDelete