Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Wal-Mart + versus In Home

I was so curious as to what the deal was with Wal-Mart Plus before I signed up right before Christmas, I figure others may wonder too. So here's what I've learned. 

Wal-Mart + is $98/year but you can get it for $49 at different times of the year. Wal-Mart plus is when you can get free delivery at a set hour that you choose during the day. I think you have to order about 4-5 hours ahead depending on how busy they are. You get your delivery within that one hour time frame you chose by someone in a random car kinda like Uber but these folks get paid by Wal-Mart to do the delivery. And...you have to tip. I usually do $5 or if it's a big order $10. I don't do 20% of the order because that is just crazy and no one I've talked to does that either. These folks will put your order in front of your garage, on a side porch or on your front door step.  

Wal-Mart + In Home is an additional $40/year. But the key here is that you do not tip. Also, a Wal-Mart employee does the drop off in a Wal-Mart van and they'll put it on your doorstep or bring it in to your kitchen for you. Here are the cons - you have to pick a 9am-1pm or 2pm-6pm order delivery window. I'm never home for those four hours straight ever. I did the 30 day trial and I couldn't use it one time over those weeks.

So back to regular ole Wal-Mart + for me. I also occasionally still pick up at the store if it's early in the morning and not on a weekend.  

No comments:

Post a Comment