Evidently the week before Christmas I was in la la land!
I booked flights back to back days before 7am in the morning when I had a late night meeting in between!
This may be blah to you but I just have to write down what I did yesterday and today. It is THAT ridiculous.
Well let's start with Monday night at 10pm when I decided to look up what time I flew out the next morning (I thought it was my usual 8am). Umm 6:15am from Charlotte to Laguardia (NYC) to Norfolk, VA. 2 hours earlier than usual but same route as I have done a couple times before, easy peasy (even though I think it is so silly since I can fly direct from CLT...$$$) minus the early wake up call.
Anyway....so back to yesterday (Tuesday) --
- Got up at 4:36am (yeah I have an issue and will only wake up in times that end in 6...different story for a different day)
- Left for the airport just before 5am for a 6:15am flight
- Got on the flight and it just didn't leave until 6:50am...for no reason!
- Late getting into Laguardia, therefore missed my 8:30am flight to Norfolk
- The Club rebooked me for a 9:30am flight to Philly, then Philly to Norfolk
- Ugh that was the best they could do and quickest I could get there so I thought wow, looks like I'll be picking up 3 segments within about 5 hours haha!
- Get to Philly - maintenance issue on the plane...delay 45 minutes.
- 1:30pm - got to Norfolk! AHH!
THEN! I got to my hotel at 9:30pm last night after my late meeting and decided I should just confirm I'm on the 9:15am flight from Norfolk to Charlotte. Ummmmm no, 7:00am flight. What in the world was I thinking when I booked these flights yall??????
At least I got upgraded to the front of the bus tomorrow for the short trip back to Charlotte.
I should write a book of my travels and the people met along the way. Seriously...after 4 years of this chaos, it could be entertaining!
Bless you if you have read up to the end of this post!