Friday, December 31, 2021

Year in Review 2021

I always love doing these recap posts to really celebrate the year that we are about to leave and get ready for the new year! Here are our highlights:

January - we had a really fun time on Edisto Island bringing in the New Year and even had a beach day! We also put an offer in on a beach house that would become ours in Ocean Isle Beach, NC but didn't tell many people until we closed in March. 

February - we celebrated several birthdays - Jade's, Kevin's and Hilary's!

March - we closed on our beach house and that was the start of a wonderful summer ahead. 

April - we had Easter at the beach and Grady caught his first fish/

May - Grady turned 3 and we celebrated with a John Deere party!

June - Molly Anne had her first recital and first swim meet

July - Molly Anne turned 6 and we celebrated the weekend before with a My Little Pony party

August - the kids and I went to Maryland to see my parents..we went to a baseball game and a carnival while we were there. And it was the first day of school later in the month. 

September - Labor Day weekend at the beach, summer beach memories recap and I started playing tennis. This was not a great month to be honest as my Mom was very sick. Then Dad got sick and ahhhh. Fortunately Mom is much better now and Dad is still working on it. 

October - Chili Cookoff/Pumpkin Beer Tasting at the beach, Molly Anne cheered at the high school football game, Kevin and I saw the Rolling Stones and we went to the pumpkin patch

November - First trip to Carowinds for Grady, and Kevin and I went to Napa here, here and here. We also spent Thanksgiving at the beach and got to go to my brother's for Thanksgiving Day

December - Santa brunch was so fun, sprinkle for MargotChristmas parties here and here, Grady's Christmas program

It was a year of mostly happy with some sad in between that I haven't mentioned here. As always, this is definitely a highlight reel and certainly doesn't cover everything. 

I wish a happy and healthy 2022 for each one of you dear friends and readers. Thank you for supporting my little blog year after year...since 2009!



No comments:

Post a Comment