Monday, August 3, 2020

Rest of Maryland

Just some more pictures of our trip to Maryland!  Treasured memories and thankful for them!




We were at the playground of the church I grew up in and Poppa pulled up to go work on their computers. So we of course had to go see him!


Our neighbor brought Grady a football!  This boy has an arm on him and is pretty accurate!  


Books with Nannie





That’s a big boy to hold right there! 38 pounds of goodness!


They played and played!


We met Aunt Jenni at the playground to say hi too!



Some special memories are worth a little risk!  Kindergarten supply shopping with Nannie, the retired elementary school teacher! 



She was soooo proud of herself ha!  And VERY excited!



Grady playing with my brothers old cars!


Friday morning I took the kids to the zoo. They had it closed off in some parts and you had to follow one particular way to get around so everyone stayed far apart. It was nicely done!  Grady’s first time at the zoo without a stroller and he did so well!  He’s at that golden stage where he listens and does whatever I say. Plus, he follows the ring leader Molly Anne around like a hawk!  I will say, it was nice to have two kids walking with me in a public place and not having to haul the stroller all over creation. I didn’t even take it with me to Maryland. First time ever!






Back to Charlotte we came on Saturday. These two had screen time overdose but it doesn’t phase me for a special occasion like this. Molly Anne will not sit there for 9 hours and watch TV anyway. We played road games and she wrote some letters. Grady was eating the entire time, looking out the window at trucks and sleeping for about 45 minutes haha.  I think we were waiting for our chick fil a here. 


I made it in 9 hours and 6 minutes with only two stops - one was in Suffolk, VA for bathroom at the Hampton Inn, let Mills out, pumped gas while Mills drank water then Chick Fil A.  The kids ate their lunch in their car seats - never been able to do that before. Took about 35 minutes. 

The other was in Burlington, NC at a Hilton and that was for less than 15 minutes.  Car would get too hot for Mills so we flew in for the potty and that was it. Prob in and out in 90 seconds ha!  Then I serviced him and gave the kids snacks. Easy peasy!

Kevin bathed the kids while I got my act together.  Then when they went to bed, we sat on the patio with a drink and caught up. How about that sunset? 



Yesterday I got up and ran early with Jen and Kacey. Did lots of things around the house in the morning then went to the pool all afternoon. Kevin brought Grady after his nap!  

I have a nutty day today but it’s going to be a good week!  Happy Monday! 


No comments:

Post a Comment