Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Keepin It Real

 Here for a version of Keeping it Real on a Wednesday.

1. The transition back to Grady's school has been rough.  They're doing everything they can to make it easier but Grady is attached to me like nobody's biz!  And they can't get him to nap on the cot.  One reason is because he's never napped on a cot before...and also not with 8 other children in the room.  I was a disaster yesterday about all of the things Grady.  I hope today is better.  It isn't always rainbows and sunshine here!  I lifted weights last night because my mental load was too much.  And my poor mom who had to hear about it all!

2.  Molly Anne's first day of virtual learning was yesterday and of course the link for the course work didn't work properly so she didn't finish until after our babysitter left.  Oh yes, we have Sam helping us three mornings a week, she goes to school one day and then I'm winging Fridays.  That's how we are navigating these times of virtual learning.  Molly Anne and I are like oil and water working on school work together while my mind is on my own work.  So having Sam is AMAZING.  Yesterday when I had to help Molly Anne finish a couple of hours of work, my phone was ringing constantly, I was on a conference call.  It was just a mess.   So, today has gone much better and they are knocking it out!  We can only go up from here.

3.  Last week we had a bunch of work done at our house.  Lots of landscaping - mostly cleaning up our rear natural area, putting pine needles down back there.  And also adding some drainage pipes, digging a ditch and putting mulch all over the yard in the beds.  Our HVAC was fixed.  Some door locking issues were fixed.  This week we are tackling getting some shelving put in our single garage to make that more efficient and we'd like to get some curtains for our dining room and shutters for Kevin's office.  We are also working on figuring out why our Spectrum internet service is so terrible but they think it's a neighborhood problem...and it was like this on Sunday when no one was working or doing school. One step at a time!

4.  This week on the menu - chicken alfredo (I needed comfort food yesterday), bacon/scallion/gruyere cheese quiche with a side salad, garlicky baked shrimp with some fruit tomorrow night then Friday night will probably be mexican.  The kids have been liking nachos lately when we do taco salads.  Something different for them.  

That's what is going on here.  Hope you guys are doing well!  

3 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure Grady is NOT alone in this transition time. My sisters kids are struggling, and the kids here haven't gone back yet - I can only imagine how it's going to be.

    And (selfishly! ha!) I'm concerned how MY internet service will be once they DO start here, since it's all virtual. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not sure of the sq footage of your home but if it is larger buy a mesh system. Spectrum NEVER worked in our house and they told us it was bc the house was too large. We bought four Google mesh points and it has worked ever since.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your charity & keeping it real!!

    ReplyDelete