Friday, August 21, 2020

Five on Friday

1. I picked this boy up on Wednesday and he fell asleep on the car ride home from school.  I can count on one hand the number of times my kids have fallen asleep on a short car ride.  It was all he could do to get to an early (6:30pm) bedtime.  I had a lighter than normal work day on Thursday and it was like all of the days of quarantine so I just kept him home with us.  I already had Molly Anne and she didn't have anything for school.  We had a great morning together and he slept for almost 3 hours.  His naptime isn't nearly like it should be at school.  It takes him longer to fall asleep and they only get 2 hours total anyway.  I think the last three weeks had caught up with him.    


2.  Pictures of our morning together.  We went on a bike ride/stroller walk.  Then came home and got some water and then we all walked to the neighborhood playground.  They had a BLAST.  It was so good for them to run around and giggle with each other!!!









3.  While I was at work on Wednesday, Kevin's parents kept Molly Anne.  That was a treat for everyone involved I think, including me haha.  Molly Anne got alllll of the attention for one day and that was special to her to get to be with them.  She didn't want to leave to come home that night!



4.  I saw this organization on Instagram one night this week when I was browsing and it inspired me!  I want to get some big clear containers for markers, pens etc like that.  And maybe one day, the bead board too!



5.  I'm not typically a big Nordstrom sale fan because the stuff always sells out by the time normal people like us can buy anything.  So unless you spend $15,000 a year at Nordstrom (and honestly, who does that unless you're blogging as your full time job), you don't get first choice at anything.  Well, I found a few things last night..

 - I ordered these leggings...I think I'll be living in them this Fall.  
NIKE One Lux 7/8 Tights, Main, color, VALERIAN BLUE/ CLEAR


 - I always try to get a pair of booties to wear for the Fall because they usually end up having them in stock all season and the price is way more after the sale (almost double).  I like these because they're a low heel and Vince Camuto is always super comfortable for a long day of wearing. 
VINCE CAMUTO Arendara Bootie, Main, color, BLACK NUBUCK LEATHER


 - I don't think you've lived until you've gotten this cardigan from the sale.  I legit wear mine almost every day.  I keep it downstairs in our mudroom and slip it on over a tank top when it's chilly in our house.  Which if you've ever been to my house, you know it always is.  But this cardigan is the best and a really good Christmas present for your Mom, Mother In Law, Friend, Sister in Law, whoever!  True to size on this!
BAREFOOT DREAMS<SUP>®</SUP> CozyChic Lite<sup>®</sup> Long Cardigan, Main, color, BISQUE


 - I got this wallet from the sale a few years ago and it has held up extremely well.  And it's easy to keep things organized in it.  Oddly I get many compliments on it whenever I take it out to pay for something...ya know when we could go into stores like normal people!!
TORY BURCH Tory Carson Zip Leather Continental Wallet, Main, color, BLACK


Hope everyone has a nice weekend!


3 comments:

  1. How do you feel the cardigan is size wise? I am 5'8; 140.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, sleeping Grady is so sweet! I love your playroom inspiration; we've been trying to spruce ours up too!

    ReplyDelete