Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Fall Decorating

When we got back to Charlotte on Sunday afternoon, it was my mission to decorate our front steps for Fall.  I really wanted some mums but wasn't able to find them yet.  Every place I stopped said next week.  I know I could have gotten them at Teeter or Lowes but I just really wanted to get them from a roadside stand.  I'm picky.  So I'll add those when I get them next week.

Mills and I took a ride to a cute little place on 521 in South Carolina and found some pumpkins that I've been thinking about since this time last year.  He had never seen a pumpkin before....we got him 2 weeks after Halloween last year.  He was a bit scared.  What a wimp!

I love these fancy rare pumpkins and I think the topiary look is classic.  Oh my, what if we had a new front door?!  It'd look SO much better.  But it's okay for this year!

I used some ribbon that I got off our Pottery Barn registry gifts.  It was the perfect width compared to some wider grosgrain I had gotten for this project.  


I'm so glad it's officially Fall now!

5 comments:

  1. That is so funny that your dog was scared of pumpkins! And I love how your front door pumpkin arrangement turned out :) So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your topiaries look perfect! Love Mills' cute collar, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cutest pumpkin decor EVER. Seriously that is adorable! Such a great idea

    ReplyDelete