These days, I feel like blogs (and social media in general) make us all feel not good enough. And that bothers me.
I'll be up front -- this is the type of person/blogger I am, whether it looks like this on here every day or not:
- I spend about 5 minutes on it daily, 5 days a week. Most weeks I schedule my posts.
- I do it to journal our daily life.
- I am not some fancy cook that takes amazing pictures of the food as I make it.
- I do not run 80 miles a week.
- I do not know about any fancy makeup.
- I do not put together amazing outfits daily.
- Our house is not out of a magazine or Pinterest and never will be.
- My camera is an older Canon that has a cracked screen from being dropped on many bar floors.
- Kevin and I are not perfect people with the perfect life and perfect relationship. We have the same troubles other couples have.
- Our wedding will be about us and what we like. It won't look like a Pinterest show.
No offense to anyone who has any of these talents - bless you all! I just don't. And I'm okay with that.
At the end of the day. I am who I am and I won't pretend to be this perfect lil blogger, friend, fiance, daughter, Aunt, cousin or sister.