Monday, December 30, 2019

After Christmas Fun and Panthers Game

The day after Christmas we played inside for awhile then it got nice out in the afternoon so our neighbors came over to play for a little bit.  Oh and Mom and I snuck out during nap time to a couple of shops in Blakeney and found some wonderful Christmas decor for 50% off!  I will love pulling that out next year!

It was my parent's last night being with us.  This picture cracks us up now, I can't imagine what it'll do in 13 years when Greer is driving Grady!


Love love love this picture. 


Twinsies at Midwood!



Friday was a sad day when Nannie and Poppa left so we headed straight to the mall to do some returns.  Don't ask me what prompted me to take both kids to the mall by myself two days after Christmas but it actually was really great. Molly Anne was so good - she listened and stayed right by me the entire time.  Grady was a good boy and very happy in the stroller (confined!!).  Noone was there at 10am when we got there so we got about 5 places knocked out quickly!  



We had extra time so we went to the American Girl store to see if Molly Anne was interested in anything for my future reference.  She said she liked Mary Ellen but that's because we just gave that to our niece.  Little monkey see monkey do kind of thing.  We headed to the food court for a 10:45am lunch then got home by noon for Grady's nap!  



That afternoon it was 65 degrees and so nice out so we loaded up some snacks, outside toys and headed in the wagon to the playground.  We picked up the girls next door so Hilary could get some things done and the four kids and I had a blast!  We played soccer, learned how to throw a frisbee, ran races, went down the slides a million times, watched Grady fall about 10,000 times (because the material the playset sits on is variable), shared snacks and the big girls walked/ran both ways from the house!  






We came back to our driveway and Kevin was home.  We ordered some pizzas and played out there until dark.  Grady went to bed at 7 and the girls played played played some more!








It was a sweet afternoon!



Saturday morning playing.  





Lots and lots of legos! This is a set Kevin's parents gave her and she finished. 



Saturday night the four of us headed up to Southpark to visit Onward Reserve and exchange a shirt.  We grabbed dinner at the Roasting Company and checked out some Christmas lights on the way home!  PS - yes Molly Anne is holding an 8 ball (one of her favorite Christmas gifts; from my parents) and Grady has my keys.  Oh my.  



Sunday my friend Kelly had invited a bunch of her friends to her parent's suite at the Panthers game.  It was SUCH a fun afternoon.  I was really really looking forward to it and it was an absolute blast with wonderful girlfriends! 



I knew some of Kelly's friends from college at NC State and then of course our normal crowd!









Got home and Kevin was feeding the kids dinner and after that I got them bathed while Kevin ran and grabbed us something to eat.  He was very kind to hold down the fort for most of the day!  A sleepy Grady boy!



Today the children went to school (!!) and I got things done!  And one of those things I got done was a 30 minute ride on my peloton.  Whew, I needed it badly.  Mills is a pretty lazy workout partner!



Picked them up early and Molly Anne had made this.  They read the book about the purple crayon at school then drew something with a purple crayon.  She said this is the road to their house.  And that's a mountain in the middle.  Ha!



I still have a zillion things I need to do - mainly thank you notes, meal planning and organizing this house.  Getting to it all step by step! 

No comments:

Post a Comment