Friday, November 9, 2018

Grady is Six Months!

HOW is Grady 6 months old?!!  In some ways I feel like he was just born and other ways I feel like he's been with us forever.  My Dad said the other day that he feels like we've always had Grady here with us!  I know I say it every time but Grady is THE SWEETEST.  Here's what he's been up to...

1.  He's about 21 pounds, size 4 diapers, size 12m clothes and I'm buying all 18m for this winter!





2.  He is the most laid back chill boy.  He is not wild like his sister was at this age.  He's super go with the flow and in hang out mode all of the time.  Perhaps little Grady takes after his Daddy?!  He doesn't have time for Molly Anne's drama haha, but neither do I!  ;)





3.  He is really starting to love getting baths and kicks and slaps the water a lot!  That's a lot of action for our boy. 






4.  Still in physical therapy with Ms. Amy for his torticollis.  He's definitely turning his neck better and looking left almost as equally as looking right.  His headshape has also rounded out more and I'm so thankful for that.  I do believe we made the right decision on not doing the band.  Now we have to get this boy rolling over easier and touching his toes.  He has finally started rolling to his side a little bit.  Amy calls him a "happy, lazy baby!"  He needs lots of excitement to get him going!  





5.  He's been eating twice a day real food since right before 5 months old.  Before that he started eating once a day at 4 months.  Fruits and vegetables.  This past week Becky thought he was hungry so now we are doing three times a day for food.  Only like an ounce at a time.  Now that he’s 6 months, I assume we will start all the foods except milk and honey.  Yep, I'll be the girl in the ER parking lot feeding him eggs and peanut butter.  No shame here.  It'll probably be very soon we are doing that too because I believe the earlier the better.  





6.  Bottles wise - he is taking four a day.  The morning and bedtime ones are 9 ounces.  The two in the middle of the day are 8 ounces.   He eats like clockwork 7am, 11am, 3pm and 6:30pm.  






7.  Bed by 7pm latest no matter what.  I'm a stickler about schedule but that's why he sleeps so well.  He gets up at 7am.  He is an ANGEL I tell you.  He knows what to expect every day and thrives on that.





8.  He and Mills have become buddies over the last few weeks.  Mills has always liked him but I see him going to Grady more than he has in the past.  If Grady cries, Mills is instantly right there.  Mills is pretty obsessed with Molly Anne so for him to take time away from being with her, that's a big deal.





9.  I think with second children, especially this close in age, I worry about if I'm doing it all right and remembering what to do with them and when.  I asked Ms. Becky a couple of weeks ago if I was forgetting to do anything developmentally haha!  She said he's right on schedule.  But I'm so wrapped up with Molly Anne and keeping her straight that sometimes I forget to play with Grady.  Not really but you all with more than 1 child know what I mean.  When I only had Molly Anne, I focused all of my attention on her each day after work.  Now I have to split my time and I don't want Grady left behind!





10.  I love this age because he will soon be sitting up more than he already is (last week he sat prop sitting for 15 seconds!) but won't be too mobile.  Actually it's funny I'm saying that because I loved when Molly Anne started moving around and I loved loved loved when she began to walk!  Makes life so much easier.  Especially with this big boy.  I can't hold him for long periods anymore, he's heavy!   





That's all for this month.  We love our Grady and can't wait to enjoy the holidays with him!  He is the perfect addition to our family!  

3 comments:

  1. He’s soo adorable! Happy 6 months!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh he is SO cute!! I can't get over those chubby cheeks! Elsie is an angel baby too so it must be the second child!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a chunker! I love it. How does he compare size wise to MA at that age?

    ReplyDelete