Thursday, November 15, 2018

Catching Up on Life

Whew, I'm sort of back in business.  

When I posted about Molly Anne being sick a few posts ago, I literally took her to school last Monday and when she was washing her hands in the bathroom before we went to her classroom, I saw two tiny spots on her hand.  Yep, she had hand foot mouth.  She was fine but had spots on her hands, in her mouth and on her feet.  It honestly ended up not being completely terrible thank goodness!  I was just a maniac making sure Grady didn't get it and he didn't.

Anyway, I kept Molly Anne home with me all of last week.  Grady stayed at Becky's more than usual to keep space between them.  There was a cold going around Becky's that Grady got by Friday (when Molly Anne was better).  That turned into a frantic high speed drive to the urgent care this past Sunday night at 10pm.  Yep, he has croup.  They initially thought he was so bad that they were going to have to transport him via ambulance to the Children's hospital but thankfully he responded wonderfully to the steroid.  Yes, I lost my dang mind when they mentioned the word ambulance and my 6 month's old name in the same sentence.  

I also got a huge project at work dumped on me in the last few weeks that is like 12 projects in one.  And I'm crazy working on that....while I had a sick child at home with me all of last week.  Thankfully my MIL came to stay with Molly Anne on Friday so I could finally go to my office for a day!  That was amazing.  

Things are getting better though!  Molly Anne got to go back to school on Monday this week.  Grady has been to and from the pediatrician this week - Monday to follow up on his croup and yesterday for his 6 month well visit.  And he had his physical therapy yesterday.  I'm kinda on overload.  

There's a light at the end of the tunnel.  I think he's going to be better by this weekend.  I'm getting back into the real world.  It's a season and I'm in it right now.  I'm thankful for friends, family and a really amazing company I work for that has REALLY nice and understanding people.  

Here are some pictures from the last couple of weeks.  Some of my favorite pictures of my children for sure.  




Flowers from my parents...I mean seriously.  Could they get any cuter?  Molly Anne thought it was SUPER special that Nannie and Poppa sent her flowers to feel better!








She was an angel when I was on calls for work last week.  She watched my ipad some and played a ton.  


I escaped one night to meet up with a few other mom's from Molly Anne's class.  Legion Brewing in Southpark is legit!


Stud muffin


Her first time in public in 8 days.  We went to Michaels to get Christmas lights for our windows.  She meticulously put them in our basket.  When one wasn't turned the right way, she turned it around and lined them all up perfectly.  She may have my Dad's and my engineering disease haha!


I love this picture of Kevin and Grady watching football together!
















My Dad picked out this Osh Kosh outfit and sent it to Grady.  How cute is that?


S'mores on Sunday night.  This is before the Croup escapade a few hours later.












This is literally right before I put him to bed then he woke up a few hours later not breathing well and scared the daylights out of me.  Molly Anne has had croup 6 or 7 times but never this bad.  She also got croup for the first time at 18 months, not 6 months!  I guess we have croupy children!  A regular cold for most children turns into croup for them.  Scary. 











Little Mama hard at work teaching this boy how to drink out of a sippy cup!


My girls took me out to dinner last night as an early birthday treat!   Girl time is good for the soul. 



He always waits for me before he will go to bed.  






That's what's been cooking here.  I'll be back soon! 

7 comments:

  1. Does not sound like a fun week or so! Glad everyone is one the mend and you got to celebrate a little last night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YIKES that's quite a week. Hope everyones feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SO sorry all of that happened! How awful (and scary). My boys are both prone to croup, too, and we had a similar incident with Walker (who is nearly 5) last month and it terrified me. I hope you get some rest and lots of wine to drink this weekend. You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh that is scary! Poor Grady, we hope he's feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’m so glad MA is feeling better and that Grady didn’t get it! I’m so sorry that he has the croup and that you had to go through all that. I hope everyone is feeling better soon and that you make great progress in your work project! Also, happy birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My kids were both croup kids and my daughter had her first ambulance ride at 4 months.
    So glad everyone is on the mend. Hope you have a quiet and good thanksgiving week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such cute pictures! Glad everyone is feeling better. ☺️

    ReplyDelete