Friday, October 6, 2017

Five on Friday - Waldo, Bunco, DC and Veggies

ONE:
Molly Anne has been so into Where's Waldo lately and she's really good at it!  It amazes me that she has the concentration to sit and look for him on each page!  I think I've mentioned it on here before but she wants to do the whole book every night.  I have one other book similar to Waldo and she has been loving that one too.  

TWO:
I hosted my friends bunco on Wednesday night and made a meat/cheese tray, the cucumber salmon bites which no one ate because everyone ate the caramel apple dip!

Mills was on guard waiting for all of his girlfriends to arrive!

THREE:
Flew to DC yesterday morning (yes I was up at 5am after hosting bunco the night before!) for a quick work trip.  They were having WWII, Korean and Vietnam veterans arrive to tour DC!  Everyone was standing around the gate and clapping as each person got off the plane.  It was heartwarming and patriotic.  


FOUR:
One night earlier this week I made pancetta and shaved brussel sprouts.  Literally all you do is saute the diced pancetta then add the brussels.  SO good.  

We had it with butternut squash zig zags from Trader Joes and the cheese enchiladas from there.  I know it sounds like an odd combo but I don't care and let's be honest - Kevin wasn't eating either veggie.  He drinks his veggies these days! ....And, I was just glad to have dinner on the table! 

FIVE:
I know this isn't the best picture but my girl loves to stop and smell the flowers.  Perhaps a good reminder for us all?!

The same night, she closed her finger in the door.  This was the first time she would sit still and put ice on it.  Did you all have a little something that your Mom always gave you to put ice in and hold?  I had a little bear.  Earlier this year, Nannie gave her this bunny ice holder and she LOVED getting to hold that thing.  It was sweet! 

Hope everyone has a good weekend.  I'm trying to stay afloat with lots of work travel coming up.  

4 comments:

  1. Yes! I had "boo-boo bunnies" for all three of our daughters! They are super easy to make too! I once made them as gifts for my daughter's pre-school class with the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a boo-boo-bear ice pack. Jess at Just Jess

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kevin's pickiness cracks me up! At least he is getting his veggies somehow. Haha. The Honor Flights are always amazing to watch, I always end up in tears.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been reading your blog for years, but don't think I have ever commented before. A suggestion if Molly Anne likes Where's Waldo, she might also enjoy Hidden Picture puzzles from Highlights magazine. We subscribed to the magazine and our son who is now 8yo would look forward to it each month. I think that they also make puzzle books of hidden pictures and you can certainly download pages from the internet. All the best.

    ReplyDelete