Monday, June 13, 2016

Fam in Town

First, thank you all for your overly kind comments on Friday's post.  You all are seriously the best.  Thank you SO much!

We had a fun weekend!  My SIL and nieces came into town.  My brother couldn't come.  

Friday night they got here and gave Molly Anne her birthday present - a convertible push car.  It is so cute. I need to take a picture of her in it. 

We chilled at home with margaritas and grilled out. 

Saturday morning I ended up taking Molly Anne to the doctor as she was up all night Friday coughing.  Better safe than sorry.  Doc said she had a cold.  She was acting fine but her cough was terrible.  Between that and the congestion all of last week, we knew something was up.  I think she's a bit better today after a weekend of good naps with Motrin and Benadryl at night.  We had plans to go to Pops in the Park last night but we canceled and it was the right decision so we could be home with her.  

Back to Saturday, after the doc, we all went to our neighborhood pool.  


We packed snacks for lunch and she had her bottle there as well.  I think mid day between naps will be the best time to go to the pool for us.  I bought one of those floatie things (you can see it above Molly Anne's head in the below picture).  She was not into it...she wanted to be out swimming.  She sat in the thing but you could tell she wanted to be free and not restricted in it.  Once we let her swim under water and swish her around, she was much happier.  Swim lessons since February are paying off!


Back at home for afternoon nap, Mills got in his pool while we played with bubbles with my nieces.  

Saturday night we went to Zoes Kitchen for an easy, quick dinner then walked over to the playground at Blakeney so the girls could play.  

Sunday after the girls headed home, the three of us went to the pool again.  Molly Anne literally swam for almost 2 hours straight with a couple breaks in between.  She is obsessed with the pool yall!


Love her wacky, pool hair!  

I pretty much foresee us living at the pool this summer if you couldn't tell by how much we were there this weekend.  Ha!  

Last night we grilled out again and just chilled.  I had to get my act together for this week and it feels good to be starting the week off right!

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun weekend...jealous of all that pool time haha :) You definitely need to post a convertible photo, how cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a perfect weekend. We were visiting Rob's family in Chicago on Saturday, it was SO hot and we passed by a pool. I wanted to jump in so badly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfect weekend! I was a pool kid too, my parents joke that we are all part fish! I spent a few hours at the pool Sunday and it was the best considering the temperatures! Jess at Just Jess

    ReplyDelete
  4. My kind of weekend! I love those fun LP glasses!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for the pool and family time! I think the pool is our new fun activity too! Ihope MA is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't get a chance to comment on your stadium tours post but that looks like it was so much fun and such an awesome day!

    Such cute pictures! I'm glad you had a great time with family.

    The photo of Mills in his pool is so precious and adorable!!!

    Amy @ http://befilledwithj0y.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete