Friday, January 16, 2015

Week 16 Pregnancy Journal

Next week, I hope to get back on track with Five on Friday.  I think I'm going to do these weekly updates on Thursdays even though my week changes on Fridays.  I just can't miss out on FOF every week!

How Far Along? 16 weeks on January 16th (my fav number is 16 so this is fun!)

Size of Baby: Avocado - 4.5" long and 3.5 ounces

Gender: Not finding out!

Weight Gain:  Still about the same as I was pre-pregnancy.  

Maternity Clothes:
Not yet!  Trying to ride out normal clothes as long as possible!


Nursery:  I found a navy herringbone crib skirt that I really like on Etsy.  I may not order a bumper until we know boy/girl since we don't need it at the beginning anyway and it may be a fun way to bring in a pop of color. 

Movement: Not yet


Symptoms:  Headaches. All day every day.  I have a med for them but trying to not take it unless I'm desperate. 

Sleep: Good!

Cravings:  I bought ice cream for the first time in years this week.  Moderation is everything so I'm being careful. Knew I shouldn't have gone to the grocery store hungry!

What I Miss: Nothing really. 

Best Moment This Week:  Telling all our friends via Facebook, Instagram and my blog.  The amount of support and excitement we got was unreal. 475+ likes plus over 100 comments on Facebook.  Thankful for our friends and overwhelmed (in a good way!) by all the well wishes.

Looking Forward To:  Mom is coming down in late January to pick out some nursery things and fabrics and possibly attend an ultrasound appointment.  We booked her flight this week!  I also have an appointment later today to just listen to the heartbeat and be sure all is well.  They don't let me go more than four weeks without being seen.  

6 comments:

  1. Squee! Love your sweet little updates. Good to hear that aside from the headaches, things are going well! Isn't it nice to have a Mom Trip in the books? Nothing like knowing the plane ticket is booked and she's coming your way-- I have mine booked for May :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea on waiting on the bumper! Would be a create slash of color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are totally on the same page today, I posted by bump update too, although mine is two days late. ;) I just love reading these updates.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of the bumper! So smart! It can be difficult to design a room without knowing the gender but you're doing such a great job already!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh about your headaches! It really sucks since you can't take a lot of meds!
    Ally - Life as I know it

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am about to burst I'm so happy for you guys! I'm sorry about the headaches and hope those resolve shortly. Thanks for keeping us posted--love the updates!

    ReplyDelete