Let's preface this by saying - I love sleep and I love to run, always have. Both keep me sane and nice. And they both attempt to keep me less stressed.
I never dreamed that I'd ever ever ever run at 6am. I like sleep wayyyy too much. But yall, I'm totally loving this 6am running stuff! We've done it for about 5 months now and I can't even go back to the usual after work stuff. Here are my top five reasons:
1. You are productive before most people wake up.
2. You get to see the sunrise and it's gorgeous against the uptown buildings.
3. You burn off what you need to be burning off, not what you ate all day.
4. You're done with your exercise by 7:30am! And have your whole day ahead of you! And your metabolism is high!
5. You can come home, cook dinner and eat at a normal time, not 8 or 9pm. And you can spend time with your friends or sig other. ....instead of wasting an hour or two of your evening by going to the gym.
Warning - you must go with a friend because you aren't allowed to run in the dark outside by yourself! I cannot believe the number of girls we see by themselves in the dark. Are you crazy?!!!
Yes, Mom and Dad, we are aware of our surroundings and Tara brings mace. And we sprint when we see sketchballs. And we always have a place of business in mind to run into if they chase us! :)
I encourage yall to get up on it and exercise however works for you. We don't always have great runs or workouts but as my Dad says, "at least you got out there." It's better than nothing and it'll keep you healthy and make ya live longer! Fit it in your schedule....I get that people are busy, I'm busy. But fit it in. It's important.