Friday, November 19, 2010

Birthday

Friends, I've missed you!  This week has been nuts!  Here's a recap:

So on Tuesday, I flew up north and spent all day getting to my meeting and blah blah blah.  I got there and I looked at the agenda - we were tabled and the seller didn't tell me.  AKA, I went up there for nothing. 

I zipped back into my rental car at 7pm and called US Air.  There was one more flight leaving at 9:45 that night.  I high-tailed it back to NYC in the rain and dark.  I called Hilton and they allowed me to not pay a fee for canceling my room.  I called Hertz and told them I wouldn't have time to ride the bus and to see if someone could drive me to the terminal.  I got to Laguardia at 9pm and it all worked out. 

I walked up to the ticket counter and said I needed to buy a ticket to Charlotte and 20 minutes later, I was on the plane.  The flight ended up being delayed and I got to my house at 1am.  No big deal though, totally would rather sleep in my own bed then a hotel!

Wednesday I slept in, worked and Kevin said we had plans that afternoon.  He wisked me away at 2:30 and little did I know, he had set up massages for both of us...just what we needed!  He had also given me the new Rascal Flatts and Jason Aldean CD's that morning - love them! 

We came home from the massages and he said we had dinner plans.  He kept telling me all day we were going to the Teeter to get hot dogs.  Every year he tells me that.  I should know better by now!  He had been asking me for two weeks where I wanted to go and I mentioned this new mexican place in Southpark called Pacos Tacos.  Of course I was freaking out about what to wear because I honestly had no clue where we were going....he was naming all sorts of places.  While I was getting ready, he gave me a new pair of rainbows....which were long overdue.  I needed them like 3 years ago haha!

We started going toward Southpark and we ended up at The Palm.  WHOA.  I was shocked.  We had an amazing dinner.  We both got the surf and turf - filet and shrimp scampi for him and filet and lobster for me.  YUM.  Of course we had a ton of leftovers that I'm excited to enjoy today!
We came home and I was talking to my friend Kelly and Kevin slipped me another box.  What in the world?!  He had done too much as it was!!!  A brown box means Morrison Smith (amazing jewelry store) so whatever it is will be gorgeous.  Of course he picked out the neatest pair of earrings. 
They are opal and have gold prongs and backs.  I love them - they are something different other than pearls and go with everything - dressy or jeans! 

Thank you to my family, friends and Kevin for making my day SO special.


On to yesterday (Thursday)...  I flew back up north to Baltimore for a quick afternoon meeting in Easton, MD.  My parents live only about an hour from there so Mom came and met me.  We had a wonderful time having lunch at Mason's in downtown Easton.  She even came to my meeting with me haha! 

My parents just HAD to have me open something since it was the day after my birthday and they surprised me with Twirl...the new Kate Spade perfume.  I'm obsessed with it.  Dad even picked out the free samples from Sephora...hilarious!  He did well though!  They had given me a new camera when they visited over Halloween....it takes really great pictures compared to the one that I took almost 20,000 pictures with in the three years I had it! 

Afterward the meeting, we of course did some Christmas shopping in St. Michaels and got quite a few things knocked off her list.  We went back to Panera where we had left my rental car and had a hot chocolate and a pumpkin muffin top.  Around 5pm, I headed back to the airport and came home.  Mom, thanks for coming to see me - I had the best time!!!

Looking forward to hopefully laying low this weekend...but probably not until Sunday...busy until then!  :)

Happy Friday!!!!

6 comments:

  1. Happy Belated Birthday! It sounds like an absolutely fabulous day :) Love those earrings. And the Palm! Mmmm...tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog through "Adventures of A Southern Newlywed" and wanted to say "Hello"!

    Beautiful earrings and Happy (late) Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been a crazy busy lady!

    What a wonderful birthday filled with lovely surprises. We are both blessed with amazing Kevins :) Your gift is just beautiful.

    Have a great weekend ~
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet! What a nice birthday!
    And wow, you've had a crazy week!
    Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for The Palm!! You need to go to Paco's Tacos sometime--it is delicious!! Glad you had a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you were able to jet back home to spend your birthday!! Yay!! Those earrings are beautiful! So glad you had a wonderful birthday!!! :)

    ReplyDelete