Monday, August 3, 2009

Weekend Roundup

What a weekend! It was so nice to be at home and be able to get some things done! Friday night, Tara and I went to a happy hour at Avenue then to the 4th Ward Porch Crawl. This is a picture of the neighborhood band that played - they were great (and super adorable)!
Afterwards we went to the Attic for one drink. The next morning we met our friend Kim and ran the Booty Loop. Always a good, hard run!

Saturday night we went to the Rascal Flatts/Darius Rucker concert. Tara, Lauren, Me and Laura:

Here is Darius...He played a bunch of his new songs and a couple old Hootie and the Blowfish songs so that was pretty cool. Most people still remembered those lyrics - old school!

Rascal Flatts always have the best sets!


I think it is the lead singer whose wife was a Chi O. Girls, correct me if I'm wrong!

Umm so I pretended to know how to bake yesterday. I made Kevin some oatmeal raisin cookies because he LOVES them and I had never made them before. I thought he would like the nice surprise when he got back into town from his (not so much fishing) trip in Wilmington. They turned out perfectly! So then I thought I would be extra ambitious and make an angel food cake. They are light and fluffy and would taste so good with the strawberries and blueberries I had gotten.
So my mom tells me I had a messed up angel food cake pan.... I hope she's right - I made the whole batter and it leaked!!! I tried to get most of the batter up and back into a bundt pan.

And this is how it came out - DISASTER. I was not made to be a baker! I can cook, but cannot bake. Ahh! Embarassing!

So I just made dinner for us and we had plain strawberries and blueberries for dessert. No angel food cake - ha! This was a salad I found in Martha Stewart...it is so easy. Thinly sliced vidalia onion, one avacodo chopped, white pepper (but I used fresh, regular pepper), and coarse salt. Then you just squeeze a half a lemon over it. It was a tasty summer salad!

No comments:

Post a Comment