Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Not funny!

So this whole angel food cake thing has gone overboard. Mom had Williams-Sonoma send me an angel food cake pan yesterday. Now between Tara and Mom, I'm convinced yall are either making fun of my disaster or just really want some angel food cake. I'll try to test it out in the next week or so.

Shannon and Lauren came to my house last night for our monthly dinner date that Shannon so kindly started. She has been so busy, it takes a night planned 2 months in advance to get to see her! We all loved catching up with each other, as usual. We actually ate at my kitchen table which is a record - it would be only the 2nd time I've pulled it away from the wall to use it. Of course we used the Lilly napkins and placemats that Santa brought one year (thanks Mama!). It was fun actually setting a table and being somewhat of an adult! (Of course I forgot to take pictures!) I made a bruschetta chicken bake (because I could make it on Sunday and slip in the oven when I got home from work) and a salad. We had fresh blueberries and strawberries for dessert. Yum. This is what we had as an appetizer:
http://sisterscafe.blogspot.com/2009/04/avocado-bean-dip.html.

Here is the link to the Bruschetta Chicken Bake recipe: http://cookingthisandthat.blogspot.com/2009/01/bruschetta-chicken-bake.html

Going up to NJ, PA, and MD this week so I'll be out of commission until Friday. Yall have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. I made that Bruschetta Chicken Bake a couple time last winter from the Kraft Foods magazine. Its is good & pretty easy! Glad yall had fun. Hope your travels are going well!

    ReplyDelete