Whew, I can't believe it's already Friday.
Today, let's keep it real.
1. I can't lie and say I don't miss traveling, because I do! But I have really loved being home with Molly Anne. I have no clue how it's going to go when I go back to work. I was doing a lot of day trips the last couple of years but when I go out west (ie past Texas) once a month or so, I obviously can't do day trips. So, I'll have to survive and Kevin will hold the fort down! He's been very involved from the beginning so I'm not worried about it. I'll just miss her like crazy!
2. I hate that we can't go to the pool or be outside much because it's just SO hot and babies can't be in that heat or sun! The doc told me to use blue lizard sunscreen on her and could even do it now (not wait the 6 months) but I just don't think it's worth it. Maybe in September when it cools down.
3. Sleep when the baby sleeps...HA. This advice is so comical. Everyone says it but has anyone actually done it regularly? And if they have, did they have someone else helping around the house - doing all of the laundry, cooking, bottles, etc? And someone must have written thank you notes for them too ha!
4. Some new moms say that every day is so hard and they don't shower and they live in seas of spit up and poopy diapers and they're walking zombies. I was sooo intimidated by this and scared out of my mind to become a mom. Pregnant friends - it ain't that bad! It's fun! And I'm not saying I'm perfect at being a mom (because I'm far from it) but like anything, it's all in what you make it. I've put real clothes and makeup on every day since July 6th when we came home. Molly Anne and I go do SOMETHING every day. You'll go insane if you sit at home 24/7. Must get out. The first time she and I went out by ourselves, we went to the mall and I thought to myself, well if something goes terribly wrong, there are nice people in this world and a lot of women who have 'been there' so I'll just ask for help! And people are SO nice when you have a baby - they hold the door for you and the stroller etc. So, don't be scared. I was scared and didn't look forward to this experience like I should have!
5. Kevin and I have a couple fun outings planned this Fall and we are excited. I think the grandparents may be more excited than us ha!