Thursday, April 30, 2015

31 Week Pregnancy Journal

How far along?  31 weeks 

Size of Baby: 18" and 3 pounds 5 ounces.  This weight was confirmed at our ultrasound appointment Monday. 43 percentile!

Gender: July 3!

Weight Gain: Same 3 pounds total. 

Maternity Clothes:  I got some JCrew white maternity jeans this week so that is my first pair of maternity pants.  Have I mentioned how much I love the Lilly travel pants while being pregnant and in regular life?  Elastic waistband!!  Kevin now calls them my old faithfuls!

Nursery:  Currently a disaster with half our master bath in there!  We should be wrapping up that renovation next week and hopefully our house, including the nursery will look more normal. Crib mattress came this week so I'm anxious to put all the bedding on. 

Movement: All the time!

Symptoms:  I'll be honest, this gestational diabetes has thrown me for a huge loop.  I'm just so upset about it but the dietician I met with Tuesday assured me that it's nothing I did or could have done differently. It all makes more sense now after learning a lot more about it. Now I prick myself 4 times a day to check my blood sugar.  I hope to control it with diet instead of having to do insulin.  I'll know by next week when I go back for my check up and they analyze my numbers.  It's a numbers game and Baby and I are gonna win!!!!

Sleep: Benadryl is assisting my sleep. Still coughing. Do I have pneumonia at this point?  Who on earth knows ugh!

Cravings:  Sweets because now I can't have them.  Word to my pregnant girls - eat what you want until you take your GD test in case you fail!  I'm having regrets over that!

What I Miss:  Eating whatever I want and not caring that much about food in general. Now I feel like it rules my life but it's only my second day of the diet so I'm not totally used to it yet.  

Best Moment This Week:  30 week ultrasound and getting to see that sweet baby in 3D!!!

Looking Forward To:  A neighborhood baby shower that mom is coming down for and my SIL is coming up for. And my nieces will be here too!  My neighborhood girls have been too kind - FOUR of them asked me separately if they could throw me a shower!  These are girls I've only known for two years. Really, really nice, right?!  

5 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear this, I didn't realize they officially diagnosed you. I hear it's pretty common and remember you're almost toward the end so it won't too much longer that you'll have this new diet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been reading your blog for a long time--so happy to share in your journey. You'll be a great mom! Elise Blaha over at elisejoy.com had gestational diabetes and you might appreciate her recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Total BOO for the GB and the continuous coughing. Hopefully the diet will work and after a while won't rule your life. You are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think knowing you CANNOT having something makes it that much harder. I hope you don't have to go on insulin...good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're getting so close to the end! This right here is why I almost slapped Theo when he jokingly said "you're not worried about gestational diabetes at all are you?" when I left to get my 3rd day in a row pb fudge milkshake. Not a joking matter and it doesn't matter what I eat or don't eat! Men can be so rude! At least the GD will be gone once you deliver! There's a bright side!
    Ally - Life as I know it

    ReplyDelete