Thursday, April 18, 2013

Honeymoon Recap Part 2

Alright now I'm into Friday and Saturday for part two of our honeymoon recap!

On Friday we went to The Gazebo for breakfast.  Not worth the 45 minute wait.  An egg is an egg.  

Then we hopped in the car and drove towards the airport for our helicopter ride.  First, we found a beach we wanted to stop off to visit.

We stayed about an hour.


We stopped and got fish tacos at some ghetto place but they were SO good.  

Then we were off!  My first helicopter ride ever.  At the end of it, Kevin said,  "I think we've had a great time today and I can't wait to spend the rest of the evening getting to know you."  Anyone know what he was talking about?  The Bachelor/Bachelorette.  The helicopter ride reminded him of their adventures on there.  It cracked me up!



West Maui

The Ritz by air.

The Plantation Course.

Molaki!  I was a lil nervous at this point.  These cliffs were SO tall.

Tallest waterfall in the world.



That night we had a drink at the Ritz bar and then took the shuttle to Pineapple Grill for a fancier dinner.


Our outrageous appetizer.  It became known as the $10 per scallop appetizer.  There were two on the entire dish...





Saturday morning we took Island Air right out of the Kapalua airport which was 5 minutes from our hotel over to Oahu.  

What they serve on the plane..

We passed the Dole while we drove around the island.

Clearly I didn't know that he was taking a picture.  I still am laughing over the Hertz woman who could not believe I would use 3,000 of my Hertz points for a Mercedes convertible for one day.  Why not?!  I never use them and our honeymoon is when we'd want a super fun car.  By all means!!!

We cruised up to the North Shore.  Stopped by a Farmers Market.

The prettiest flowers.

Then we went across the street to the famous Pipeline where we watched people surf in the most famous place to surf!






It was like what you see on TV. 

Then we headed down to Waikiki Beach for lunch at Dukes.  It was chaos finding a parking spot but we did.  I had tuna sashimi for an appetizer.

And the best Mahi Mahi fish tacos ever.

Then we walked around the International Market Place.  I got a long strand of super fake pearls to triple over.  I thought they were fun and I got them for $10....her original asking price was $25.  

Then we checked into our hotel Hilton Hawaiian Village on Waikiki Beach.  We kept our room at the Ritz just because it would have been crazy to move everything out and then back in just for one night.  This Hilton was terrible but that's a different story.  

Waikiki Beach is kinda like the disney world of Hawaii.  It was complete chaos and tourist central. 

I've seen it and have no desire to go back.



Santa on the beach?

But when in doubt, you go to the store and buy a bottle of wine and a bottle of liquor and you get to having a beverage on the beach!


And then finding a beach bar with great music.

The Art of Whimsy!


And we met some new friends.  Lisa and Dan.  They were celebrating their 25th anniversary!



Things got a little nuts but we finally made it back to the room to change then go to dinner.  I think we each had 10 loaves of bread at dinner so we could stay alive.  Haha...

We look terrible.  But oh well!  It was our one crazy night!

And amazingly we were up at the crack of dawn on Sunday to fly back to Kapalua/Maui aka paradise!


7 comments:

  1. LOL! That's a hoot! Sounds like ya'll got hammer drunk! Love that you made new friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang, y'all had a good time! I think I would be really scared to ride in a helicopter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa and Dan look like a lot of fun ;)

    And I love your face driving that car. Hard core.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving these recaps!! Sounds like an amazing time and Hawaii looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The helicopter ride looks like so much fun! Corey and I loved the north shore of oahu but we didn't like waikiki beach at all either. It reminded me of south beach. I hope you enjoyed the pineapple upside down cake at pineapple grill!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Santa is cracking me up. The beaches look gorgeous, and all of the food pics are making me drool haha!

    ReplyDelete