I had seen this on Skinny Taste and then again on Dee's Adventures. I knew I had to try it because it looked right up Kevin's alley. And boy was I right. "This is how I like chicken." "I'd even eat this for leftovers." "You can make this again any time." were some of the quotes last night.
Cheesy Jalapeño Popper Baked Stuffed Chicken
Servings: 4 • Serving Size: 2 stuffed breasts • Old Points: 9 pt • Points+: 9 pts
Calories: 371 • Fat: 17.5 g • Protein: 42.7 g • Carb: 11 g • Fiber: 1.5 g • Sugar: 0.6 g
Sodium: 355.8 mg (without salt)
- 2 slices center cut bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 jalapeños, chopped (remove seeds for milder) (I only used two small ones because I'm whimpy)
- 3 oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened
- 4 oz reduced fat shredded cheddar jack (Sargento)
- 2 tbsp chopped scallions
- 8 thin sliced skinless chicken breast cutlets, 3 oz each (I used 3 chicken breasts and flattened them so my recipe made 3)
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 juicy limes, juice of
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and fresh pepper
- olive oil non-stick spray
Wash and dry chicken cutlets, season with salt and pepper. Preheat oven to 450°. Lightly spray a baking dish with non-stick spray.
Combine cream cheese, cheddar, scallions, jalapeño and bacon crumbles in a medium bowl.
Lay chicken cutlets on a working surface and spread 2 tbsp of cream cheese mixture on each cutlet. Loosely roll each one, secure the ends with toothpicks to prevent the cheese from oozing out.
Place breadcrumbs in a bowl; in a second bowl combine olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper.
Dip chicken in lime-oil mixture, then in breadcrumbs and place seam side down on a baking dish. Repeat with the remaining chicken. When finished, lightly spray the top of the chicken with oil spray.
Bake 22-25 minutes, serve immediately.